• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Military Service

Shonsu

Reaction score
US Army 1986 - 1988
11B1P - Airborne Infantry
Basic Training - Fort Benning, GA
AIT - Fort Benning, GA
Airborne School - Fort Benning, GA

Assigned to Delta Company, 108th MI BN (Long Range Surveillance Detachment), 8th ID at Wildflecken, Germany (the Rock).

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
USAF from June 1965 til June 30, 1988 Radar maintenance tech, retired as an E7. At retirement time, it seemed I'd only been in a couple of weeks, not decades. Was stationed in Wa, Or, Mt, Fl, Viet Nam, Germany twice, Philippines, tech school in Ms. Enjoyed almost ever minute of my time in.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't going to play till I saw Sandy's post. Hi Sandy, I've got goats too! 1973 - 1977 Reg Army. Basic in Ft McC, AL, AIT Ft Ord CA, Duty station mostly in Ft. Lee VA. 1977 -78 Ohio NA. MOS Clerk typist. Time well spent and most of the benefits have helped a lot. Proud member of the Warren (Trumbull Chapter) DAV.
Going back through this thread I see that I messed you post. Thank you for your service you were at the beginning of the all volunteer Army. Thank you for your commitment to duty, honor, and Country. Be proud of your service and I am grateful for everyone who felt a duty to this great country.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Music Man, you Corpsman's saved a lot of Marines in Vietnam including myself. Thank You and all of the Corpsman that put there lives on the line for us Marines. Semper Fi

That was a balanced existence, Marine 7. With all due respect for the other branches of our armed forces, we ALL did our best for this great nation, but I can tell you from experience and from the heart, there is NO OTHER ORGANIZATION that I would want to be locked in battle with, than a United States MARINE! Our job over there would have been impossible without the support and protection that the Marines gave us. It was not pretty at all. Marine 7, I'm glad that you had a good Corpsman there with you, and that you made it home to your family. Semper Fi, Brother!

Top Bottom