• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Military Service

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Had this pop up in my Facebook feed today and thought it would be appreciated in this thread. The Patriot Express flights heading home from a deployment were always a lot of fun.:)

American Idol, Ten-hut!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKDWoSDd5Yl1ea3DT2TFCA6QmhfYMUccA2USHIredEi7WO0Jslzg.jpg
icon_blues.gif

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Calling all VETS...... get ready to MOBILIZE! Did you know that to drive your Elio on any DoD installation.... you will have to comply with:-- http://www.army.mil/article/60950/Motorcycle_protective_equipment_mandatory_for_military_personnel/ --? Efforts by the Elio Motors 'Legislative Rep' have been met with 'no response' from the OPR for the DoD regulation/policy. We may have to launch a 'campaign' to get this CHANGED for enclosed vehicles.... like the ELIO..... get ready for battle!
I pretty sure some of these straggling rules will be put to rest as soon as they get a full look at the Elio. A base commander will figure out pretty quickly a helmet on the head of his men inside the elio will look pretty whimpy, and then he'll realize it isn't even safe, and that will be the end of that.

Little update, it occures to me there is an 'automatic out'. The Elio can be, and will be classed as an Autocycle. When that definition becomes federal, the military will only limit by the local state laws. But I suggest, don't wait and let this fester, get'er done!

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I looked all through this thread and couldn't find my own listing... As the Haboob rages out side my window here in SanTan Valley AZ, I'm thinking, WOW soo many good men, sooo many good deeds. Thank you gentlemen!

As for me, EMaintTech, 390MIMS MIssile Maintenance Squadron, Statigic Air Command, DMAFB, 1973-76.
(1 year of tech school 72-73, man! did I learn to play pool!) GI bill paid for my BS degree in Auomotive Power.

LINDA PATELSKI

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
First I would like to say THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. I cannot imagine what everyone has been through. I have heard many stories. Some have given all so I can sleep free. You cannot take it back, and it was freely given for me.
My daughter was Army, my Dad was Navy and my uncles served from the Navy to the Army. I am so proud of my daughter who served in Signal.
I hire ex-Military. I just like the way y'all work. Just a little crazy sometimes, but always willing to do what I takes!
So thank you all again for my freedom.

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was a Helicopter mechanic in the Air Force from 1976 to 2006, Mostly Special Ops and Air Rescue, served in NV, Rep of Panama, Wash DC, Korea, CA, England, WY, Served in the Gulf War and afterwards. Worked on U-1's, HH3's, MH53's and HC-130's. Been to every country in Central and South America, Most of Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East....
Good to see so many Brothers in Arms in this group.

Top Bottom