• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Military Service

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
US Army 1969-1976 Mos 67N2F UH-1 helicopter crew chief. Assignments South Vietnam, South Korea Ft. Rucker, Ft. Benning Ft. Mcfearson. FAA A&P since 1975, Pilot since 1975. Motorcyclist since early sixties.
Good to see another rotor head.... I was a UH1N Flying Crew Chief in the AF.

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I flew RAF fixed wing and rotary from 1976 to 1994. Still flying helicopters for my living.
I was on MH-53's at RAF Alconbury from 91 - 95, I moved to the states when the unit moved to Mildenhall. I remember we flew back to England from Italy on Guy Fawkes night, It looked like the whole country was under siege with the bon fires and fireworks. Where in UK do you live

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was on MH-53's at RAF Alconbury from 91 - 95, I moved to the states when the unit moved to Mildenhall. I remember we flew back to England from Italy on Guy Fawkes night, It looked like the whole country was under siege with the bon fires and fireworks. Where in UK do you live

I now live almost exactly where the counties of Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and South Yorkshire meet. We are now settled here, but we travelled around a bit in years gone by. I have a son born in West Germany, and a daughter born in Hong Kong as well as two other sons born in UK.

I was privileged to be invited to fly the CH53 PaveLow and also the S60 PaveHawk when I did a liaison visit to Albuquerque, including night air to air refuelling from a C130. One of the highlights of my military time and I remain eternally grateful to the trusting IPs who were brave enough to let me fly the aircraft whilst doing so!

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I now live almost exactly where the counties of Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and South Yorkshire meet. We are now settled here, but we travelled around a bit in years gone by. I have a son born in West Germany, and a daughter born in Hong Kong as well as two other sons born in UK.

I was privileged to be invited to fly the CH53 PaveLow and also the S60 PaveHawk when I did a liaison visit to Albuquerque, including night air to air refuelling from a C130. One of the highlights of my military time and I remain eternally grateful to the trusting IPs who were brave enough to let me fly the aircraft whilst doing so!
One of the big benefits of a military career is getting to see the world, and meet so many different cultures. My youngest son was born in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, so he has dual citizenship. I agree the H-53 is an awesome aircraft and one of my favorites.

Top Bottom