• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Military Service

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I left the Navy when the Army promised I could drive a hybrid.
heavy_load.jpg

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Air Force from 1984 to 1994. F-15 Comm/Nav Avionics.
Texas, Colorado, Florida, Netherlands, Arizona, Iceland, Germany, North Carolina with official side trips to Spain, Italy, England, California, and Saudi Arabia during the Gulf War.
The other half of me and our two Elios was also Air Force from 1983 to 1992 as a Fuel Systems Technician.
We would have stayed longer, but Clinton said he didn't need us anymore. Life has been an adventure.
You were half way to getting your pension.. That stinks.. Besides Germany and Vietnan I can say I was in London also Paris..I spent about an hour in london during a refuel stop over and 2 hours in France .. I flew home in February 1967 to get married, France and London were just stops on the way back .. So saying I was there isn't telling a big fib..

Reaction score
I wasn't going to play till I saw Sandy's post. Hi Sandy, I've got goats too! 1973 - 1977 Reg Army. Basic in Ft McC, AL, AIT Ft Ord CA, Duty station mostly in Ft. Lee VA. 1977 -78 Ohio NA. MOS Clerk typist. Time well spent and most of the benefits have helped a lot. Proud member of the Warren (Trumbull Chapter) DAV.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't going to play till I saw Sandy's post. Hi Sandy, I've got goats too! 1973 - 1977 Reg Army. Basic in Ft McC, AL, AIT Ft Ord CA, Duty station mostly in Ft. Lee VA. 1977 -78 Ohio NA. MOS Clerk typist. Time well spent and most of the benefits have helped a lot. Proud member of the Warren (Trumbull Chapter) DAV.
Basic at Ft McCoy. Good times the last of the WWII era barracks located on "tank hill". Named for the water tank at the top, every time it rained we had to shovel the top of the hill from the bottom back to the top.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Twenty-Seven years US Army infantry. Two tours in RVN, Berlin Brigade, RAF Mildenhall UK, SETAF Vicenza Italy, Ft Ord, Presidio of San Francisco, Ft Bragg, Ft Benning, Ft Jackson, Ft Eustis, Pentagon, and too many schools to list
What years were you in VN?.. I ran in to a fellow in Ft Smith AR back in 1992 Who was in NAM with me, he was working at the post office..

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Basic at Ft McCoy. Good times the last of the WWII era barracks located on "tank hill". Named for the water tank at the top, every time it rained we had to shovel the top of the hill from the bottom back to the top.
I remember the ww2 barracks ..funny i took a down memory lane drive through Ft Leonardwood a few years ago..Wow what a change, looked like a modern city..noticed women and men wearing shorts and t shirts while doing pt.. didn't see any spit shinned boots..seemed to be a fun place now compared to then..

Elio#552

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
US Air Force, 1951-55 when they wore brown shoes. Served in Japan, Korea, Philippines, Okinawa during the Korean war. My job was that of morse code radio intercept operator, copying North Korean, Chinese and Russian radio communications. Broke codes and forwarded information to our ground and air forces. The Korean war was no more popular than the one later in Viet Nam. My work in the USAF led to a 28-year career with the National Security Agency --- nuff said.
3 Card, maybe you don't feel so old now. My Elio will be #552 off the line and I will be 82 years old.

Top Bottom