• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Military Service

Velnias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
1999-2003 US Army Military Intelligence (yah yah, laugh it up :p)

33W - Electronic Warfare/Intercept Systems Maintainer - basically I fixed the electronics used by the military intelligence branch of the Army, so I had a top secret clearance at one time. My first duty station ended up being Ft. Huachuca, where I was trained for my MOS (for about a year, longest AIT in the Army at the time). That base has a nickname: Ft. Wegotchya, because usually once stationed there you kinda tend to get stuck there and forgotten. I did all but my basic training there at Huachuca. It was good though, I enjoyed it while there.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't hold a candle to many of the vets here! Joined the Navy right after HS. I was in the Navy on active duty from 1975-78.. Attended Basic Electricity and Electronics prep school (aka BEEP) then electrician's mate A school.. From there served onboard the carrier USS John F. Kennedy CV-67 and went on a NATO and a Med Cruise, visiting 8 countries.. From 78-80 was a drilling reservist out of Newport, RI.. Oh just before I got off active duty the Iranian hostage situation cropped up and was lucky they let me out..

Ray

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't hold a candle to many of the vets here! Joined the Navy right after HS. I was in the Navy on active duty from 1975-78.. Attended Basic Electricity and Electronics prep school (aka BEEP) then electrician's mate A school.. From there served onboard the carrier USS John F. Kennedy CV-67 and went on a NATO and a Med Cruise, visiting 8 countries.. From 78-80 was a drilling reservist out of Newport, RI.. Oh just before I got off active duty the Iranian hostage situation cropped up and was lucky they let me out..

Ray
Hay, If you were in, your in. Thanks

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
untitled.png
All Gave Some...Some Gave All
US Army 1961 thru 1964 Ft carson Colo, Ft Lenardwood Mo, Gibbs Baracks Frankfurt, Germany.
92nd Trans co. 2 1/2 years of the best damn beer and Fraulien's in Germany.

Thanks for your Service Guy's & Gal's

Doni

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm in the Air Force. Graduated basic December of 2011, spent some time in Mississippi for technical school and have been in the UK since at RAF Lakenheath. My AFSC (MOS for some of you) is 3D052 which is Cyber Systems Operations. That pretty much means "severs". Basically I work in an air conditioned, windowless vault and keep servers running but right now I'm concentrating on vulnerability management across the whole base. Never been deployed but from what I hear it's not too tough for us AF guys.

Top Bottom