• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Model 3 Vs Elio

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anybody ever run out of gas? Tesla's plan to expand their super charger Network will allow for a 30 minute quick charge within the same distance as a gas pump, as EV's travel cross country, in the very near future.

I like the idea of sustainable Ludicrous Mode transportation and the positive environmental and economic impact it will have on all people in the future..........even those that seem to oppose EV's for those drivers that currently find EVs functional as their everyday commuter choice. It really isn't a debate over which is better, it's a matter of choosing to buy a vehicle you like, for whatever the reason, that meets your individual needs (Ludicrous Mode).

It's not the Model 3 vs Elio vs SRK. It will be a win, win, win for all three target market demographics. With that said if somebody said choose one of the three vehicles to take home at 'no charge'................. there would be a clear winner and it requires charging and seats 5 comfortably.

That's one opinion.
I don't happen agree, but you're entitled to your opinion.
The one that uses gas and travels over 640 miles without refueling would be my choice.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's one opinion.
I don't happen agree, but you're entitled to your opinion.
The one that uses gas and travels over 640 miles without refueling would be my choice.
My opinion is having the option for people to choose which ever vehicle best meets their individual needs. If you are referring to choosing the free vehicle option, I would recommend taking the free Model 3, selling it for $35K, and using $6800 of the proceeds to purchase the Elio. A win win.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio is my choice for two reasons.

Base price 20% of the Model 3.

It's relatively easy to get a gallon of gas to your Elio if it runs out of gas. How would you recharge a Model 3 if it ran out of juice 10 miles from the nearest charging station?
If I run out of gas or have a dead battery in my Elio I will call AAA for roadside assist. Same with the Model 3 should I poorly plan or misjudge my range of travel.
This might be yet another option:
image.jpeg

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tesla 3 -vs- Elio

Tesla is the fourth model of a company started by a billionaire.
the Elio is the first car started by an engineer with a more modest budget.

Tesla 3 is good for 200 miles
Elio good for 684 miles.

Tesla 3 $35000 to start
Elio $6800 to start

Tesla 3 1̶1̶5̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 232,000 reservations
Elio 53,000 reservations

Tesla 3 can be used if you own your home and can charge it in your garage or outside without fear of an HOA.
Elio can be used and stored anywhere you have a car today

Tesla will revolutionize the car buying experience for the middle and high end
Elio will revolutionize the car buying experience for the low end.

Quick edit:
https://www.rushlane.com/tesla-model-3-bookings-exceed-232000-24-hours-12192928.html
Chickens have two legs, dogs have four.
Dogs can't lay eggs
Chickens can't chase a ball
Dogs eat dog food
Chickens eat grubs
and on and on...........
You want a cheap animal that lays eggs or one who can guard your abode
Why oh why do folks have the need to compare an Elio to anything else. It will stand alone for what it is.!!!!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio is my choice for two reasons.

Base price 20% of the Model 3.

It's relatively easy to get a gallon of gas to your Elio if it runs out of gas. How would you recharge a Model 3 if it ran out of juice 10 miles from the nearest charging station?
Easy, never drive more than what the battery capacity can deliver (200+ miles). It's all about knowing it's limitations, grasshopper!:D Remember, it's not an ELIO! :D Will I drive the ELIO with 3 more people? Remember it's not Tesla Model 3! :D

John-b-gone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Chickens have two legs, dogs have four.
Dogs can't lay eggs
Chickens can't chase a ball
Dogs eat dog food
Chickens eat grubs
and on and on...........
You want a cheap animal that lays eggs or one who can guard your abode
Why oh why do folks have the need to compare an Elio to anything else. It will stand alone for what it is.!!!!
End of thread?? Probable not.

Top Bottom