• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Mods And Accessories Section

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The "Donk" look? What's that?
I do like that you put Brembo Calipers on it; and the new lights next to the rear wheel is a nice touch; but it just has this kind of "empty" look to it.
I know what you mean about appealing to someone's taste; I built custom for many years and had some that people just loved but would always get a few that thought it was just "ok" or "you've got to be kidding me". You have to do what is right for the one that's paying for it or in this case, what's right for you.
Wasn't trying to insult it or you; sorry if you took it that way.
NP, we'r on the same page as far as style efforts are conscerned. There actually are a number of people who like this oversized tire stlye. As for me, I just wanted to guess what the Donk-style would look like if it were done to an Elio. As an art statement I'm illustraiting that the Elio will go everywhere and do everything that all cars have done. That's why I did a Police and mud-rucker version as well. In effect I'm suggesting the Elio will be everyone's car, even for people not exactly like us.

As for the artist in me, the only bad reaction is no reaction at all. :drama:

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I went and looked up what "Donk-Style" is, here's the definition:

What's a donk?

A donk is any car on ridiculously huge wheels.

That's all it takes to be a donk? Big wheels?

Well, donks are usually big, old American cars, and they often have flashy, tongue-in-cheek paint schemes, but yeah, all it takes to be a donk is big wheels.

I guess this would be an extreme case example

Donk Caddy.jpg

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I completely understand taste is in the eye of the beholder but the "donk" style screams out "Look, I'm uneducated, unemployed, and these rims are rented!" Also, it looks like the car is walking on stilts. I can't imagine the ride is any good either. Just, yuck!

But hey, great rendering. I do kind of dig the open rear look though I want the covered version. Maybe the full fairing with those lights incorporated somehow...

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Add some airless tires in like this and this would be not only cool but futuristic.View attachment 6612
Yes! I think they are a natural for the Elio. For looks and operation. Certainly would end the spare tire debate. Just have to hear if/when they are freeway compatible. Earlier versions would make too much road noise. Others are not rated at those speeds, and not available in our tire size And then there is price. I keep watching however.

Top Bottom