• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Mods And Accessories Section

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
OK! For the Elio....... come to a stop on an uphill grade.
Set hand brake.
Put into first gear.
Slowly start releasing clutch till you feel slight engagement .......
Slowly release hand brake while applying gas and continuing to release clutch .........
You would be surprised how many people had problems with the hand, left foot, right foot coordination.
Incidentally, I learned to drive in a stock '35 Chevy 1/4 ton truck then moved to a '57 Austin Healey 100-6.
You forgot to include holding on to the cell phone; setting the coffee in the holder is optional.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Some prior discussed items
Open fenders
Aerodynamic styled fenders
Wire wheels
360 degree peri-camera
fog-driving lights
LED fender mounted running/signal lights (Can-Am has them)
I know I had the marker / turn signal lights for the fenders in the list; that's one of the parts I'm doing R&D work on now to sell aftermarket.
I'd like to do it as a single unit, but segmented is starting to be an easier way to do it.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's the list we came up with in another thread; it's just a list, and I didn't do any editing so if there is a repeat you'll know why.

Aftermarket add-ons for the Elio

Vent Shades
Car Covers
All Weather mats
Performance add ons
Color changes
Body wraps
Wood grain dash
A very long list of electronics
Right-side mounted bike-rack
High mount 3rd brake light
"Stylish" rear wheel cover
Markers/turn signals for back of front fenders
Fog lights / Marker / Turn signals for front of front fenders
Oh yeah, HUD

I've thought about a 3/4 steering wheel; the kind where the top of the wheel is chopped off and paddle shifters

an extra 12v outlet or two in the front.
A rear view camera "mirror" that will also play Google Maps via BT -- like this one -- http://navmirror.com/wordpress1/android-navigation-dvr-mirror/

Hill stop or Roll Control something to hold the stick cars in place on hills.

Mud flaps for all wheels.

Prism for seeing traffic lights.

Door release at back edge of door so passenger can open door.

Sport and Eco mode switch

self-dimming side mirrors --- With the thinner cabin/rear end & low mount point of the mirrors, the rightward-angled driver side headlight of the guy behind you may be right on line to blind us if they tailgate.

Ekh suggestion for Adamant
fur-lined gear shift lever and maybe some cute calico curtains to hang across the back
what's not to love!!, thanks for the list

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went and looked up what "Donk-Style" is, here's the definition:

What's a donk?

A donk is any car on ridiculously huge wheels.

That's all it takes to be a donk? Big wheels?

Well, donks are usually big, old American cars, and they often have flashy, tongue-in-cheek paint schemes, but yeah, all it takes to be a donk is big wheels.

I guess this would be an extreme case example

View attachment 6593
Is this the "Donk Look" or the "Dork Look".

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Add the Dash Mat to the list as well as LED head/brake/turn lights, including lights on the outrigger wheels for folks who like to pass close at night.
The bulbs for LED should be a common bulb so that's not a problem.
I did include the markers/turn signals for the back of the front fenders; that is a very popular option with everyone
I was thinking about Driving lights at the lower front of the front fenders too; they would point where your going which could be very helpful.

Dash mat That's a first, and a popular add on for some, I will go add it to the list

And I think I have finally found the digital gauges I will use in the dash replacement module for the Elgin Dash
Those are here Digital Gauges
I'll prebuild the dash unit and ship it. It will be up to the buyer to have it installed.
The speedo is GPS, I have no idea on cost yet.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The bulbs for LED should be a common bulb so that's not a problem.
I did include the markers/turn signals for the back of the front fenders; that is a very popular option with everyone
I was thinking about Driving lights at the lower front of the front fenders too; they would point where your going which could be very helpful.

Dash mat That's a first, and a popular add on for some, I will go add it to the list

And I think I have finally found the digital gauges I will use in the dash replacement module for the Elgin Dash
Those are here Digital Gauges
I'll prebuild the dash unit and ship it. It will be up to the buyer to have it installed.
The speedo is GPS, I have no idea on cost yet.

Very cool! I'll have to check that out closer when I'm not on the companies dime! Thanks for the link!

Top Bottom