• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Mods And Accessories Section

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Re-posted so you don't have to go back looking for it in the list, the aftermarket list of options we'd like to have as suggest by users here in the forum.

Aftermarket add-ons for the Elio

1) Vent Shades
2) Car Covers
3) All Weather mats
4) Performance add ons
5) Color changes
6) Body wraps
7) Wood grain dash
8) A very long list of electronics
9) Right-side mounted bike-rack
10) High mount 3rd brake light
11) "Stylish" rear wheel cover
12) Markers/turn signals for back of front fenders
Fog lights / Marker / Turn signals for front of front fenders
13) HUD
14) 3/4 steering wheel; the kind where the top of the wheel is chopped off and paddle shifters
15) an extra 12v outlet or two in the front. Added 9-2-15 Multiple 12v outlets in the vehicle, including rear seat, rear shelf and 1 outside the Elio
16) A rear view camera "mirror" that will also play Google Maps via BT -- like this one -- http://navmirror.com/wordpress1/android-navigation-dvr-mirror/
17) Hill stop or Roll Control something to hold the stick cars in place on hills.
18) Mud flaps for all wheels.
19) Prism for seeing traffic lights.
20) Door release at back edge of door so passenger can open door.
21) Sport and Eco mode switch
22) Self-dimming side mirrors --- With the thinner cabin/rear end & low mount point of the mirrors, the rightward-angled driver side headlight of the guy behind you may be right on line to blind us if they tailgate.
23) Dash "cover" or Dash Mat
24) Open fenders
25) Aerodynamic styled fenders
26) Wire wheels
27) 360 degree periscope-camera
28) fog-driving lights
29) Trailer Hitch
30) Lockable Gun safe / scabbard
31***) I have some early estimate numbers for the Custom Digital Dash; $540.00 to $590.00 Owner installed. Choice of Red/Blue/Green/White GPS Speedo a little more.
No trade-in credit for an Elgin dash; disposal fees are looking promising.
32) Forward looking camera with DVR
33) Rear facing camera attached to DVR
34) Hand Held interior camera that's tethered by BT to the DVR
35) 1 TB DVR that runs on 12v/110v can be offloaded by USB cable, housed in "Black Box"
36) Pop-out / vent-able rear windows
37) Factory limo tint on rear windows (same as factory glass in current SUV's)
38) Periscope connected to monitor with joystick or 4axis control pad
39) Thicker windows to help control cabin noise
40) Sound insulation Kit Full Car Kit 2 levels 1 - Thermal 1 - Sound (there is a big difference between the 2)
41) Proximity sensors F/R/Sides
42) Monitor in Visor 7"

Ok, so I cleaned up the list and added a few more that have been mentioned in various spots in the forum.
I'm going to have to do an Excel sheet for it pretty soon; just from doing an edit I saw multiple repeats; just In different wording.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Re-posted so you don't have to go back looking for it in the list, the aftermarket list of options we'd like to have as suggest by users here in the forum.

Aftermarket add-ons for the Elio

1) Vent Shades
2) Car Covers
3) All Weather mats
4) Performance add ons
5) Color changes
6) Body wraps
7) Wood grain dash
8) A very long list of electronics
9) Right-side mounted bike-rack
10) High mount 3rd brake light
11) "Stylish" rear wheel cover
12) Markers/turn signals for back of front fenders
Fog lights / Marker / Turn signals for front of front fenders
13) HUD
14) 3/4 steering wheel; the kind where the top of the wheel is chopped off and paddle shifters
15) an extra 12v outlet or two in the front. Added 9-2-15 Multiple 12v outlets in the vehicle, including rear seat, rear shelf and 1 outside the Elio
16) A rear view camera "mirror" that will also play Google Maps via BT -- like this one -- http://navmirror.com/wordpress1/android-navigation-dvr-mirror/
17) Hill stop or Roll Control something to hold the stick cars in place on hills.
18) Mud flaps for all wheels.
19) Prism for seeing traffic lights.
20) Door release at back edge of door so passenger can open door.
21) Sport and Eco mode switch
22) Self-dimming side mirrors --- With the thinner cabin/rear end & low mount point of the mirrors, the rightward-angled driver side headlight of the guy behind you may be right on line to blind us if they tailgate.
23) Dash "cover" or Dash Mat
24) Open fenders
25) Aerodynamic styled fenders
26) Wire wheels
27) 360 degree periscope-camera
28) fog-driving lights
29) Trailer Hitch
30) Lockable Gun safe / scabbard
31***) I have some early estimate numbers for the Custom Digital Dash; $540.00 to $590.00 Owner installed. Choice of Red/Blue/Green/White GPS Speedo a little more.
No trade-in credit for an Elgin dash; disposal fees are looking promising.
32) Forward looking camera with DVR
33) Rear facing camera attached to DVR
34) Hand Held interior camera that's tethered by BT to the DVR
35) 1 TB DVR that runs on 12v/110v can be offloaded by USB cable, housed in "Black Box"
36) Pop-out / vent-able rear windows
37) Factory limo tint on rear windows (same as factory glass in current SUV's)
38) Periscope connected to monitor with joystick or 4axis control pad
39) Thicker windows to help control cabin noise
40) Sound insulation Kit Full Car Kit 2 levels 1 - Thermal 1 - Sound (there is a big difference between the 2)
41) Proximity sensors F/R/Sides
42) Monitor in Visor 7"

Ok, so I cleaned up the list and added a few more that have been mentioned in various spots in the forum.
I'm going to have to do an Excel sheet for it pretty soon; just from doing an edit I saw multiple repeats; just In different wording.

Could've sworn there was a turret-mounted 50 cal somewhere on the list....might be a different thread.:rolleyes:

Seriously, I'd consider a smooth belly pan if it's not factory installed.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Could've sworn there was a turret-mounted 50 cal somewhere on the list....might be a different thread.:rolleyes:

Seriously, I'd consider a smooth belly pan if it's not factory installed.

50cal turret mount was for the "middle east export model". Maybe a sighting camera and driver operated remote trigger for solo operations? ;) Replaced domestic sun roof option. :p

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I keep seeing mention of using a modified steering. Trust me on this one. You wouldn't like it. Airplanes and some race cars use a 3/4 wheel configuration but they only have about 90° total travel lock to lock. A car having 21/2 to 3 turns would be a nightmare to drive anything other than expressway. Tried it when I was a kid and it was awful.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I keep seeing mention of using a modified steering. Trust me on this one. You wouldn't like it. Airplanes and some race cars use a 3/4 wheel configuration but they only have about 90° total travel lock to lock. A car having 21/2 to 3 turns would be a nightmare to drive anything other than expressway. Tried it when I was a kid and it was awful.

agree .... been there, done that, no desire to do it again .... the only way I could make it work was to attach a suicide knob (AKA A brodie knob) .... that said, I have no doubt that some folks will feel differently

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Not clear to me that I want to spend $2000 plus monthly service charge for any option in a $6800 car.
Where did you find a price list of add-on accessories? :wof:

I guess that's why they call it "personalizing your own vehicle" :becky:

Top Bottom