• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Mods And Accessories Section

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You don't want to do that, putting in louvers in the belly pan would defeat the purpose of it for aero by introducing air into the area under the car; you would want the venting on the side of the engine compartment if it needs it; or you could do venting into the low pressure area towards the outside edges of the windshield, pointing them into the side airstream.

A nicely designed vented hood ought to do the trick of getting the hot air out of the engine compartment. 'Might' actually help the aero [over no belly pan] if the angles of the louvers are correct. Maybe a ducted radiator shroud to smooth the airflow out the top. Man! I really need an Elio to play with!

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A nicely designed vented hood ought to do the trick of getting the hot air out of the engine compartment. 'Might' actually help the aero [over no belly pan] if the angles of the louvers are correct. Maybe a ducted radiator shroud to smooth the airflow out the top. Man! I really need an Elio to play with!
No you don't. Just go to the next Elio event where they're showing off the P4 or P5, and start taking pictures, esp. of the engine compartment. You should be able to get enough data that you can make some fairly accurate guesses about how the engine is going to sit, etc. Then make yourself an accurate model, either scaled or full sized. Use that to run your simulations.

Eazy Peazy! :D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed; actually, why not take to them or send the question in since they already have the aero software and the specs and see if you can get EM to run the modeling to see what kind of effect it would have.
The aero software is a common item, but the full specs are limited to EM until we do have one in-hand.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My G1 Insight uses an underpan aero-panel for mpg. It actually has three. One under the engine compartment and two under the body. IIRR there is app. a 2% improvement. (Per the engineers)

HTH
Willie

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I like it!! :thumb: And for $50 it's something to consider; you have to figure, some phones go for $600 and will do everything but blow your nose for you. Phones have years of getting it right, so they have had extensive testing; this is just another extension of a device most people already own.
So it doesn't do the hand gestures; big yip.
The way some people gesture when they're on the phone will probably drive those other units crazy. :tinfoil3: :becky:

Top Bottom