• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Mods And Accessories Section

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where did you find a price list of add-on accessories? :wof:

I guess that's why they call it "personalizing your own vehicle" :becky:

Saw that $2000 price tag for Skyzmatic on another board (or maybe thread of this board) as well as the monthly charge for service like remote camera and other remote features. Could be all wet. Also consider it requires an I-pad (or equivalent) plus requires you to have smart phone to use it. Is that getting expensive enough?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Saw that $2000 price tag for Skyzmatic on another board (or maybe thread of this board) as well as the monthly charge for service like remote camera and other remote features. Could be all wet. Also consider it requires an I-pad (or equivalent) plus requires you to have smart phone to use it. Is that getting expensive enough?
Tablets are cheap; I've been using this Dragon Touch Tablet since the beginning of the year and it's great; plus $100 complete.
I already have a Smart Phone Samsung Rugby the phone was $150 and my monthly bill is $36 for two lines of service
I did talk to the people at Skyzmatic and they said the Android OS will be an option rather than just fruit (Fruit = Apple)
The tablet has GPS built in, along with Bluetooth and WiFi.
When it comes to electronics if you don't like the current pricing, wait a month or two, it will change.

Note - Anything bold and underlined is a link

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tablets are cheap; I've been using this Dragon Touch Tablet since the beginning of the year and it's great; plus $100 complete.
I already have a Smart Phone Samsung Rugby the phone was $150 and my monthly bill is $36 for two lines of service
I did talk to the people at Skyzmatic and they said the Android OS will be an option rather than just fruit (Fruit = Apple)
The tablet has GPS built in, along with Bluetooth and WiFi.
When it comes to electronics if you don't like the current pricing, wait a month or two, it will change.

Note - Anything bold and underlined is a link

I'm making a guess that the Skyzmatic is hardware and software that has to be installed in the vehicle for more $$$$.
I don't know much about cell services or devices since they are pretty useless where I'm located.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Do they come with directions? (How to operate)

Willie
If you can operate a Smart Phone, or Windows, Android Tablets are pretty much the same.
They do come with instructions on how to turn it on, volume, where everything is, and that's about it.
There are classes on line just like the video's I sent you on Windows.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Belly pan needs to be louvered so as to vent any heat build-up .... and I want one
You don't want to do that, putting in louvers in the belly pan would defeat the purpose of it for aero by introducing air into the area under the car; you would want the venting on the side of the engine compartment if it needs it; or you could do venting into the low pressure area towards the outside edges of the windshield, pointing them into the side airstream.

champsman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You don't want to do that, putting in louvers in the belly pan would defeat the purpose of it for aero by introducing air into the area under the car; you would want the venting on the side of the engine compartment if it needs it; or you could do venting into the low pressure area towards the outside edges of the windshield, pointing them into the side airstream.

I think you are wrong , as louvers opening only to the rear will have a vacumin affect drawing heat out as you move forward. A solid pan will trap heat and therefor heat your feet and car interior. Also if only a solid pan offered then I will send it out for punching the louvers.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you are wrong , as louvers opening only to the rear will have a vacumin affect drawing heat out as you move forward. A solid pan will trap heat and therefor heat your feet and car interior. Also if only a solid pan offered then I will send it out for punching the louvers.
Hmmm how about 1 either way? A Smooth or a Vented one depending on how you plan on using it! Yeah I like choice :thumb:

Top Bottom