• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V131

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This does look like a computer rendering of an older body, but that is not important. What is, is that they are communicating that they have spent a lot of time looking at the details. Was that time spent in the past or recently? That also doesn't matter. It just shows they are close to being production ready. At least for the final prototypes.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
www.eliomotors.com_wp_content_uploads_2017_11_NVH2.jpg

This picture illustrates the size of the side rear window.
This must be the latest chassis design. Notice the stronger front members supporting the engine.
When was this built? I have never seen white? Perhaps we will be seeing a white vehicle soon. Are chassis still being built and painted? I thought EM was suppose to be near dead.
That may actually be an older model or rendering of one. Compare it to the bare chassis that was revealed with E-1C prototype (the chassis next to the white E-1C has a second hole just behind the rear passenger window). Or maybe this is a newer chassis reflecting an effort to tighten up the vehicle to reduce NVH. Who knows?

AC1648F7-A308-481D-B1E9-F94B9EF37204.jpeg

Attachments

• B52940E9-E85C-4A39-90A4-3D8DA9FBBB95.jpeg
    B52940E9-E85C-4A39-90A4-3D8DA9FBBB95.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That may actually be an older model or rendering of one. Compare it to the bare chassis that was revealed with E-1C prototype (the chassis next to the white E-1C has a second hole just behind the rear passenger window. Or maybe this is a newer chassis reflecting an effort to tighten up the vehicle to reduce NVH. Who knows?

View attachment 22210
I just can't help but feel kinda disgusted looking at these few unfinished prototypes after all the millions EM had initially acquired and allotted to complete the rest of the 25 for testing and validations. But somehow they still manage to send us blogs after blogs of how to build a "perfect" trike! By the time they found an angel investor/s, they would probably need close to a billion to get this project moving at still a claimed 7K projected price for a no new tech 3wheeler. Sigh.:(

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is almost always hopeful news coming from Elio. They are definitely the eternal optimist's. I am still buying stock and my broker keeps telling me that I should only be using money I can afford to lose. I just write the check and tell her that I will sell it when it hits $148 per share. I also promised her a ride in my Rocket Silver Elio too. I hope I get to deliver on that promise soon.

Go Elio.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is almost always hopeful news coming from Elio. They are definitely the eternal optimist's. I am still buying stock and my broker keeps telling me that I should only be using money I can afford to lose. I just write the check and tell her that I will sell it when it hits $148 per share. I also promised her a ride in my Rocket Silver Elio too. I hope I get to deliver on that promise soon.

Go Elio.
I still "HOPE" it could happen because waiting is the easiest thing for all of us to do but "SOON" is the hardest thing for EM to do without word of funding.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just can't help but feel kinda disgusted looking at these few unfinished prototypes after all the millions EM had initially acquired and allotted to complete the rest of the 25 for testing and validations. But somehow they still manage to send us blogs after blogs of how to build a "perfect" trike! By the time they found an angel investor/s, they would probably need close to a billion to get this project moving at still a claimed 7K projected price for a no new tech 3wheeler. Sigh.:(
Some money went towards design, most went elsewhere. I think any investors will be looking to where the money went before they will be commiting money. Of the 100 million wanted, how much is going towards production and how much paying off debts?

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just can't help but feel kinda disgusted

Sometimes I find myself feeling that way too. But then I also think of how hard it is to get a new auto to market. Tesla is the only one I can think of in recent memory. Maybe Saturn but those cars were junk and look where they are now. I think the reason so many auto startups, including Elio, get bogged down or fail is no one imagines how incredibly difficult it will be to get production going. Anyone remember the Aptera?? I only know because I watched their story closely.

I won't bore you with all the details of their failed history. The funny thing is Aptera and Elio have followed similar paths, but Elio has beaten them in every metric along the way. Aptera had 2,000 reservations, Elio has over 65,000. Aptera was electric or hybrid and supposed to cost 25k-45k. Elio is gas powered and affordable for the masses. Aptera had major battery issues when their car overheated on lap 30 of a 50 lap test. Elio is using off the shelf tried and true technology. I agree with you 3wheelin that it's disgusting to think of all of Elio's failures, but I also think they have enough successes behind them to allow them to attract investors via NASDAQ listing and then obtain an ATVM loan. I really think everything is coming together. Paul spotted close to NASDAQ offices in NY. Website completely revamped after no one even touched the reservation number for 6 months. I think Drexel was 100% responsible for the website change. Things are coming together for a NASDAQ listing and a successful IPO launch by Drexel Hamilton. Then we get the ATVM loan kicking in, and Elio is running. :car:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio did like many other startup car companies did. They relied on the ATVM loan for their business plan. No matter how many times Elio indicated they didn't need it, by looking at the numbers, they did. As we all know, companies like V-Vehicle, Bright Motors and Carbon Motors didn't get the ATVM loan either. Those companies had private funding which is good but the bad side is, when they pull the plug, the whole thing it done. No ATVM loan equated to them going out of business.

As for Elio, they relied more on public funding which has allowed them to stay in business. Nobody is there to pull the plug or answer to. This is why Elio has been able to be quiet and not have to be on the firing line with investors. Paul can just do it the way he want's to whether it's right or wrong. When Elio gets listed on NASDAQ and raises $100M that will be the catalyst for investors to realize that they don't have as much risk. Plus it allows Elio to finish the car because they are not close. I read the SEC filing and they have a pretty big budget on just finishing the car. The majority of that $100M will be eaten up by that alone. When progress is actually moving along, it makes getting additional funding much more easier to obtain. As of today, if Elio got the $186M ATVM loan and $100M from the stock, that is still $90M shy of the finish line. Investors can swallow that number as opposed to the current $376M. Hopefully, the stock goes for even more and they raise $120M to $150M.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes I find myself feeling that way too. But then I also think of how hard it is to get a new auto to market. Tesla is the only one I can think of in recent memory. Maybe Saturn but those cars were junk and look where they are now. I think the reason so many auto startups, including Elio, get bogged down or fail is no one imagines how incredibly difficult it will be to get production going. Anyone remember the Aptera?? I only know because I watched their story closely.

I won't bore you with all the details of their failed history. The funny thing is Aptera and Elio have followed similar paths, but Elio has beaten them in every metric along the way. Aptera had 2,000 reservations, Elio has over 65,000. Aptera was electric or hybrid and supposed to cost 25k-45k. Elio is gas powered and affordable for the masses. Aptera had major battery issues when their car overheated on lap 30 of a 50 lap test. Elio is using off the shelf tried and true technology. I agree with you 3wheelin that it's disgusting to think of all of Elio's failures, but I also think they have enough successes behind them to allow them to attract investors via NASDAQ listing and then obtain an ATVM loan. I really think everything is coming together. Paul spotted close to NASDAQ offices in NY. Website completely revamped after no one even touched the reservation number for 6 months. I think Drexel was 100% responsible for the website change. Things are coming together for a NASDAQ listing and a successful IPO launch by Drexel Hamilton. Then we get the ATVM loan kicking in, and Elio is running. :car:
It sure can be an exercise in futility for a start up company to launch a new vehicle, it gets harder when trying to launch an all new enclosed trike for mass market acceptance, and it gets worse to do it all with no funding to see it through. I think we can all agree on this. I've followed the Aptera story too and even went to one of their tour events. Elio hands down have a lot more to offer for 7K and I'll be ready to pick up mine for as long as the DMV allows me to drive!

Top Bottom