• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V137

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There one thing that really bothers me. From reading this, you'd assume that there has been no work done by automotive sector when it comes to American manufacturing. I know that Elio will employ 1500 people at their plant in 2019 but if you go and look at just the non US automotive companies plus Tesla that operate in the US, since 2010 (when Paul has been all gloom and doom on American manufacturing) approximately 20K automotive plant jobs have been created with either expansion or building brand new automotive plants. By 2021, there will be another 6K created from the new Toyota/Mazda plant in AL and expansion of the Volvo plant in SC. I'm just wondering, does Paul think that creating another 1500 is going to be some major turnaround as opposed to the 20K created while he's been in business?

Then there's the talk about trade deficit. For anyone that has spent any time outside the US or even read the news, the Elio will not be a hit for export. It's either going to be hit with a big tax or just outright banned. They might sell a few thousand but it's not going to be any sort of dent in the trade deficit. BMW exports more X series out of their Spartanburg plant per year than Elio will make total for a year. In 2016, BMW exported 287K cars. I can't find how many VW and MB exports though but I know they do.

Elio really needs to get with the year 2018, not sit and tell us things that were happening in 2010 or just leave out the info that jobs have been created. This blog came out literally on the day that Toyota/Mazda announced that AL was getting 4000 jobs by 2021. Does he really think people don't read the news?
There are only so many ways Elio can say "We're still here" before they actually get some funding. Until then, these little paragraphs are all we can get.

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think i'll start manufacturing airbags .The good thing is if they don't work I can still sell them .

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
John Painter was a member on here, nice guy. And your right, haven't heard anything from him in a very long time, I wonder what he's up to?
Mr. Painter was an invaluable source of quality information for quite some time awhile back. Maybe even more so was EKH.

These were (are, I hope) folks that had a lot of positive things to say about Elio and seemed to have an inside track as to what was going on.

My recollection is Mr. Painter just kind of faded out of our perview, and EKH got "hassled" by one or two members on this forum and said it was not worth his effort to try and keep the rest of us faithful in the know.

Personally, I thought these 2 were perhaps this forums most valuable members for a long time.

I miss both of their quality inputs.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Mr. Painter was an invaluable source of quality information for quite some time awhile back. Maybe even more so was EKH.

These were (are, I hope) folks that had a lot of positive things to say about Elio and seemed to have an inside track as to what was going on.

My recollection is Mr. Painter just kind of faded out of our perview, and EKH got "hassled" by one or two members on this forum and said it was not worth his effort to try and keep the rest of us faithful in the know.

Personally, I thought these 2 were perhaps this forums most valuable members for a long time.

I miss both of their quality inputs.
Very true, but I can't blame them for leaving.
Some were getting quite abusive with them on what info they could share.
It wasn't fair to them, so they saw leaving as the best option.
Cannot fault them for leaving at all.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No idea why Painter left, but I doubt very much Ekh left because I told him he should be careful with the type of information he shares...so as to protect himself.

Blaming other members for his absence is disingenuous, unless you hear it from his mouth. I only saw him agree that he probably should no longer share information that could be seen as privileged, and I don't think his sole contribution to the forum was "keeping people in the know."

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No idea why Painter left, but I doubt very much Ekh left because I told him he should be careful with the type of information he shares...so as to protect himself.

Blaming other members for his absence is disingenuous, unless you hear it from his mouth. I only saw him agree that he probably should no longer share information that could be seen as privileged, and I don't think his sole contribution to the forum was "keeping people in the know."
There were other posters that said pretty negative & hypercritical (want to use another word...) comments to him...not your comments.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I have no doubt that JP feels he is more affective
behind the scenes that on forums, etc. His involvment
in the 'Maine' decision re. autocycles is a good bet........

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As written, only the ELIO is currently an autocycle.
The EMV SOLOW meets the autocycle definition in my State. The Arcimoto FUV did when it had a steering wheel. The SRK Gen8 transition to handle bar steering now requires me to have a motorcycle endorsement. I'm fine with that and prefer the more agile ride and increased performance of that major engineering change.

Top Bottom