• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V138

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A problem with Elio's reservation counter is that they dropped the ball and stopped counting. From a psychological viewpoint, it makes a person feel like they are part of something if that something has positive feedback. When the counter was working, most of us checked on it to see if and how much it went up. As it went up we kept rooting for it to go higher. But then when they reached the goal of 65,000, they basically stopped counting. So now we have no feedback as to if we are the only ones interested or not. They should have set a new goal and continued to satisfy our need to know. So our only way to determine newbies is if they find this blog and announce it.
It could also be demoralizing if they showed how little the counter has moved in the last year...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is no longer real motivation to reserve the Elio. Late adopters can test drive and purchase one at their local Elio Stores in 2019.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is no longer real motivation to reserve the Elio. Late adopters can test drive and purchase one at their local Elio Stores in 2019.
In the 76 week timeline they do not list anything about the Elio stores. In the $531.2M they need, they do. I'm thinking that Elio will start producing the car and then sometime down the road, open those stores. I can't find any date as to when that would be. With some forward looking thinking statements, Elio is hoping that the first owners will provide an arrive and drive event utilizing their Elio for others to test drive, then provide information to them so they can order their own Elio.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the 76 week timeline they do not list anything about the Elio stores. In the $531.2M they need, they do. I'm thinking that Elio will start producing the car and then sometime down the road, open those stores. I can't find any date as to when that would be. With some forward looking thinking statements, Elio is hoping that the first owners will provide an arrive and drive event utilizing their Elio for others to test drive, then provide information to them so they can order their own Elio.
I was hoping EM would provide those ride and drive events since they announced them for reservationists years ago. Nobody is driving my Elio after delivery. Let them order on-line until the stores are up and running.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was hoping EM would provide those ride and drive events since they announced them for reservationists years ago. Nobody is driving my Elio after delivery. Let them order on-line until the stores are up and running.
You bring up a good point. Who here (I'm not talking about a youtube video) have driven an Elio? What are your impressions? Handling, NVH braking and acceleration. It might be a good thing for future Elio owners to reference as opposed to the press which I never get the same feel for a car as they do.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It could also be demoralizing if they showed how little the counter has moved in the last year...
Who says it hasn't been going backward? Consider the possibility that there are far more people having their refundables refunded than there are placing new reservations. I don't think many are likely to put a deposit down (refundable or not) given the current status of the company and media coverage. The reasons EM would never show a declining number of reservations on the counter would be NDAs and SEC restrictions. Right?

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Who says it hasn't been going backward? Consider the possibility that there are far more people having their refundables refunded than there are placing new reservations. I don't think many are likely to put a deposit down (refundable or not) given the current status of the company and media coverage. The reasons EM would never show a declining number of reservations on the counter would be NDAs and SEC restrictions. Right?
Elio has stated that as of June 30, 2017, they had 65,373 reservations. Using the 54 months of reservations equates to an average of 1,210 reservations per month. Since the last reporting is now 6 months old, using forward thinking statements, there are a projected additional 7,260 reservations for an estimated total of 72,633 today. Elio is on track of reaching a record number of reservations for 2018.

Top Bottom