• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V140

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do have to hand it to Elio, these are the types of blogs that are interesting and educational.

When I look at the Solo, it uses lots of off the shelf components and reminds me more of less when someone builds a hot rod in their garage. The Elio doesn't, as the majority of the components from traditional automotive suppliers that's customize just for Elio.
EMV is building multiple hot rod EVs in their garage, Harry Riesner’s Intermeccanica garage: SOLO, SOLO Racer, Tofino, and the Super SOLO.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Attachments

• dash 2 Elio-IP-2.jpg
    dash 2 Elio-IP-2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 199

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I found it interesting that they say there are three different textures and then they mention the "fourth". Until they can start production and "lock-in" the options it's really not telling us much. They could have said almost anything and then change it for production. Problem they have now is when production does start they are committed to all these different options. I wonder if they limited the options to simplify the initial production if investors would be more interested. Keep the body color choices, make the interior black, option the transmission and not option anything else until production is running smoothly. Once production has reached certain financial goals, then they can add the options.
I'm just curious what law ties them to this exactly color/texture for the vehicle?

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do like that they are at least attempting to give us new information. While I am sure these were design options made in 2016 (or earlier) at least it feels like something we have not heard before.

In next week's Momentum maybe we will cover the temperature spectrum of the air blown from the interior vents? Not only hot and cold, but a mixture as well.... ooooooh!

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is the Solo's dash really made from glossy finish white plastic? Have they never heard of glare? Did they learn nothing from the Porsche lawsuit?

http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/...it-offers-to-compensate-owners-for-sunglasses

FWIW - Hit the link just to check out the headline picture.

Edit: Also: No stalk controls and a bank of identical switches guaranteeing that you have to take your eyes off the road and search for the right switch to something critical like, say, turn on the windshield wipers? People give the Elio a lot of shit about spending money and detailing the little stuff, but at least they designed the Elio like a vehicle, using knowledge and techniques used by the major manufacturers. You're going to get an autocycle that looks and feels like a car, and not a garage-built go cart. (Assuming, of course, they can actually get it built...:()

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Today's blog will start off with the first two paragraphs about the Superbowl. Think of it like chit chat before you go in for a meeting.

Hopefully the rest of the blog will be about how Phoenix Paul came out of his hole and saw his shadow. That means 6 more weeks of waiting until the big news.

Top Bottom