• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V143

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
A potpourri of topics are covered in today's Momentum!

Elio Motors Momentum v143

flower%20path-1.jpg

Today's Momentum is a blend of Elio Motors information and trending industry topics. We cover how best to receive our communications, the growing popularity of road trips, and the competition between electric and gas powered vehicles.

*MSRP excludes destination/delivery charges, taxes, title, registration, and options/installation.

Certain statements in this email including, but not limited to, statements related to anticipated commencement of commercial production, targeted pricing and performance goals, and statements that otherwise relate to future periods are forward-looking statements. These statements involve risks and uncertainties, which are described in more detail in the Company’s periodic reports filed with the SEC, specifically the most recent reports which identify important risk factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are made and based on information available to the Company on the date of this email. Elio Motors assumes no obligation to update the information in this email.

Elio Motors 2942 North 24th Street Suite 114-700 Phoenix, AZ 85016 US

[Broken External Image]

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Page 2
The Elio Team posted: " Email Cleanup In the next several weeks we will be working to clean up and overhaul our database. Now is a good time to ensure that supporters that want to receive our communications are indeed receiving them. To be clear, we send out two emails a w"

Database, The Electric Debate, and More…
by The Elio Team

Email Cleanup In the next several weeks we will be working to clean up and overhaul our database. Now is a good time to ensure that supporters that want to receive our communications are indeed receiving them. To be clear, we send out two emails a week: the Momentum on Wednesday and the Three Wheeling […]

Email Cleanup

In the next several weeks we will be working to clean up and overhaul our database. Now is a good time to ensure that supporters that want to receive our communications are indeed receiving them. To be clear, we send out two emails a week: the Momentum on Wednesday and the Three Wheeling Blog on Friday. If you are not receiving emails on these days, make sure that noreply@eliomotors.com is on your safe senders list. We will have further information on how to ensure your account is perfectly set up forthcoming in the coming weeks.

Hit the Open Road

Approximately one month of winter remains in the Northern Hemisphere, but once the snow thaws and temperatures rise, many Americans will hit the road and take a road trip. In fact, according to Auto Guide, road trips are more popular than ever. “Road trips accounted for just 22 percent of American vacations in 2015, but that figure jumped to 39 percent in 2016. The majority of road trippers are Baby Boomers, not surprisingly, but GenXers and Millenials account for a good portion as well.”

There are several reasons that the good old-fashioned road trip is mounting a comeback. First, road trippers have more flexibility than their flying counterparts. Road travelers can bring more with them and can make stops at their leisure along their journey. Additionally, air travel continues to grow costlier as even budget airlines are charging more for baggage and legroom. The Elio is an attractive option for those that like to hit the open road on their vacations. At up to 84 MPG and with an 8-gallon gas tank, the Elio is the perfect road trip vehicle for solo travelers and couples.

Gas Now, Electric Later

Electric vehicles have never been more popular than they are today. Many industry experts agree that the future looks to be electric and other alternative fuel sources. Yet, the electric future may not be as eminent as it once appeared. According to Wired “electric cars are nowhere near ready for such a takeover. As Tesla struggles to build the mass-market Model 3 at scale, the rest of the auto industry is talking a big game about a battery-powered onslaught, but most won’t start rolling out models in real numbers for years.” Electric cars still make up less than 1 percent of American new car sales.

Wired believes that the rise of electric vehicles is having a positive effect on gasoline powered engines. As a result of growing interest in alternative power sources, the gas engine is improving. Don Hillebrand, who oversees the Argonne National Laboratory, believes that “The internal combustion engine might not even be middle-aged.” While the future looks to be electric, the present still runs on gasoline.

The Elio Team | February 21, 2018 at 6:51 pm

pixel.wp.com_b.gif_8746d01842eac17e4fedbd4658f857b8.gif

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Once again they are trying to target the wrong market. Holding two people with room for one small suitcase would not be considered a good road trip vehicle. Maybe the guy in India should learn about North America more before he writes these.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember seeing some pictures of cars in India where they had stuff piled way high on top of the roof. Perhaps they think we will all get roof racks? I agree with Samalross that the Elio would not be my first choice to take someone on a vacation with. The back seat would have too a limited a view. Having stuff on the roof would also lower the MPG's.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember seeing some pictures of cars in India where they had stuff piled way high on top of the roof. Perhaps they think we will all get roof racks? I agree with Samalross that the Elio would not be my first choice to take someone on a vacation with. The back seat would have too a limited a view. Having stuff on the roof would also lower the MPG's.
A roof rack is not a bad idea because you can only take so much of Aunt Edna:
3.bp.blogspot.com__aB2Y3oDN_aA_Ua4o8u5MjbI_AAAAAAAAAs4_S6stl94ah2c_s1600_Vaca_16.jpg

FC

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So no one takes road trips on motorcycles? Solo road trips is one of the things I was planning on using the Elio for. Might want a roof rack or saddle bags for 2 though.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
People on the back of a motorcycle can look around, no need to stare at the back of the front seat. I don't think that the market for solo motorcyclists switching to an Elio on their road trips would be very big.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’d love to sit in the back of an Elio. If Elio would make the back of the front seat like on an airplane, I’d be set. Thermos with coffee and my iPad streaming movies. A pillow to rest my head on either side.

Top Bottom