• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V164

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"The trick is, don't park it for 2 hours." You HAVE to be a bachelor. Ever gone shopping at the mall with a woman? It takes them two hours to just get warmed up for the serious shopping...

The real trick is rain guards. I've used these on all my cars for years. You can leave your windows cracked an inch or two, and not only will they keep the rain from coming in, they help ventilate the car so it doesn't get so hot. I hope these will be available for the Elio.
Yes the rain guards work well for rain, they are not much on snow.........DON'T ask me how I know :(

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Ahh yes, I used to have a convertible (this was when I was living in Indiana), went out one morning in the winter to start and warm up the car, and on the sides of the rear window, snow had blown in around the rear window curtain, and we're talking a bunch of snow. So I can imagine what would happen with the weather guards and the window open a bit. Wizard, how full was your car?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NW weather is completely different then anywhere else.
When they say "it rains all the time" their not kidding.
Weather here is crazy, fall, winter and spring are rain, all the time.
Just in the winter you get the extra dark.
I was born and raised in the Midwest, and moved up here in 1975.
I have since grown webbed feet and got used to having it wet most of the time.
It is just like no other area in the country, and I have been coast to coast with everything in between.
The Pacific Northwest is like no other place in this country.
don't blame your webbed feet on the weather, check your family tree. (me smiling)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
don't blame your webbed feet on the weather, check your family tree. (me smiling)
Your still new up here, you'll find out (hehehehehehe)
Have you ever noticed how many bars there are? Almost as many as the churches.
It's pray, then go drinking, then stay inside. That's winter in the NW

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ahh yes, I used to have a convertible (this was when I was living in Indiana), went out one morning in the winter to start and warm up the car, and on the sides of the rear window, snow had blown in around the rear window curtain, and we're talking a bunch of snow. So I can imagine what would happen with the weather guards and the window open a bit. Wizard, how full was your car?
The whole dash and about 2 inches on all horizontal surfaces !

MrWhsprs

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
NW weather is completely different then anywhere else.
When they say "it rains all the time" their not kidding.
Weather here is crazy, fall, winter and spring are rain, all the time.
Just in the winter you get the extra dark.
I was born and raised in the Midwest, and moved up here in 1975.
I have since grown webbed feet and got used to having it wet most of the time.
It is just like no other area in the country, and I have been coast to coast with everything in between.
The Pacific Northwest is like no other place in this country.

My wife grew up in the Seattle area, and I've been to the PNW a number of times and really enjoyed it; have been to areas such as Mt Rainier, Leavenworth, Deception Pass, Whidbey & Camano Islands, and a little bit around Seattle itself. It seems to me that the rain we get here in the Midwest (northern IL) is less frequent but much heavier, whereas the rain in the PNW is more frequent but generally more misty/spitting than big downpours.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
My wife grew up in the Seattle area, and I've been to the PNW a number of times and really enjoyed it; have been to areas such as Mt Rainier, Leavenworth, Deception Pass, Whidbey & Camano Islands, and a little bit around Seattle itself. It seems to me that the rain we get here in the Midwest (northern IL) is less frequent but much heavier, whereas the rain in the PNW is more frequent but generally more misty/spitting than big downpours.
Yep, that's the rain "showers" we get in the winter; occasionally we have a real storm, but not very often.
But summer in the PNW is wonderful, and the weather is grand. Currently I'm watching the weather cross country and man it's messed up.
The east coast floods, and the southwest bake are unreal, glad I'm up here.

Top Bottom