• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum # V63

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Get those E-cars tested and certified to the DOE, and pray the Democrats win the election. Then watch Elio take off.

I know politics is a taboo subject around here, but why should it matter if the Democrats win the election or not? Speaking as somebody raised in a conservative family, EM's American pedigree and creating American jobs is a strong draw for people of any political affiliation. As is the fact that it is a simple machine made with proven, gas-powered technology. I think it would be political suicide for any politician who came out against what EM is trying to accomplish.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know politics is a taboo subject around here, but why should it matter if the Democrats win the election or not? Speaking as somebody raised in a conservative family, EM's American pedigree and creating American jobs is a strong draw for people of any political affiliation. As is the fact that it is a simple machine made with proven, gas-powered technology. I think it would be political suicide for any politician who came out against what EM is trying to accomplish.
That wasn't too political and I agree. Whichever party wins, Democratic, Republican, or Libertarian, they will be hard pressed not to support something that is helping create jobs.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That wasn't too political and I agree. Whichever party wins, Democratic, Republican, or Libertarian, they will be hard pressed not to support something that is helping create jobs.

Talk to the coal miners in eastern Ohio and West Virginia.
They might have a somewhat different opinion on that issue.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why would coal miners have a problem with the Elio??? Because that is the only issue in this thread that matters.

Sorry, I guess I follow current events more than most.
...."Whichever party wins, Democratic, Republican, or Libertarian, they will be hard pressed not to support something that is helping create jobs."...
(Emboldening and italicizing are mine.)

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I guess I follow current events more than most.
...."Whichever party wins, Democratic, Republican, or Libertarian, they will be hard pressed not to support something that is helping create jobs."...
(Emboldening and italicizing are mine.)

No, I actually got the point you were making. But it was diving us too deeply into the political realm, so I was attempting to bring us back towards safer waters.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That wasn't too political and I agree. Whichever party wins, Democratic, Republican, or Libertarian, they will be hard pressed not to support something that is helping create jobs.4
Here's my thinking. The difference is the philosophy on climate change. The Dems, thanks to Bernie, have a strong climate change / green plank in their platform. The republicans consider it a hoax. They will not suport a program intended to help with that. They also dislike government intervention in private enterprise [in principle]. Autocycle legislation will be blocked in a republican admin. If Trump has his way DOE would be abolished along with EPA.

The number of jobs involved isn't enough to overturn their longed-for return to the Good Old Days.

Sorry if this is too political, Seth and Ty, but you asked why.

Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, I actually got the point you were making. But it was diving us too deeply into the political realm, so I was attempting to bring us back towards safer waters.
Ok. I expect a Coss Bomb. I try to soeak from a basis of fact, but folks do get exercised, and that limits discussion.

Top Bottom