• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V71 - Hvac

Jeff H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From the latest email:

In July, we unveiled the E1-A, which is being used to fine tune the Elio’s braking system by our supplier, Continental. Each vehicle will be supplied to one or more of our partners to ensure that important systems offer optimum safety, comfort, longevity, and drivability of the Elio. As we speak, the E1-D is in transit, on its way to Seattle, Washington to begin testing by our HVAC supplier, RedDOT.
Now that is some good news! Chug-a-Chug-a-Chug -- wooo hoo!

Go Elio!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
E1-D.jpg

What really interests me about this is some design changes to the car. Note the smoother side / rear plastics, and the blacked-out "bulge". I have brightened this picture a fair amount and made it slightly larger than it was in Elio's mailing in order to make the details more visible.

Last edited:

Jeff H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I noticed the smoother side, probably from going to steel, less dimples, bumps, bulges make for a simpler die with far fewer QC issues. I'm not picking up on the change to the side/rear plastics, care to explain a bit more?

Also, why didn't they drive it in, it has to have a motor and tranny so they can fit the compressor, hoses et al.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I noticed the smoother side, probably from going to steel, less dimples, bumps, bulges make for a simpler die with far fewer QC issues. I'm not picking up on the change to the side/rear plastics, care to explain a bit more?

Also, why didn't they drive it in, it has to have a motor and tranny so they can fit the compressor, hoses et al.

1. The black stuff seems smoother-textured, the ridges less pronounced. Also, and I have no handy way to check this, the small bit of orange body between the black rear cover and the "bulge" looks different -- as does the bulge itself, which appears noticeably less bulgy and significantly taller than before. But it's black, and that can be deceptive.

2. They didn't drive it in because it is safer for the car to hand-load it, and because there isn't room to open the door!

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 11385

What really interests me about this is some design changes to the car. Note the smoother side / rear plastics, and the blacked-out "bulge". I have brightened this picture a fair amount and made it slightly larger than it was in Elio's mailing in order to make the details more visible.

Also, what's up with E1-B? We know about E1-C -- it's the marketing / model car.
That was my thought also...........????????????

Since it's going to HVAC....it MAY NOT have a tranny in it (no need for useless parts) :D

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Interesting image. Looks like they are doing at least one of each color for testing. And I just noticed that there's a bit of a flare on the black wheel skirt that will fair in with the bulge which sould make it look much better (and it looks to me like the exhaust and bulge cover are missing entirely). On top of that, there are no side mirrors.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Update on the E-Series

Elio Motors Momentum v71
ELIO_06380_Momentum_P5_V21.jpg

E1-D On Its Way to HVAC Partner

Sometimes it takes a journey out of your comfort zone to appreciate something. Take your vehicle’s heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system, for instance. This time of year, in many places across the country, you may not think of your HVAC. Thanks to the scorching temperatures regularly experienced in Shreveport and Phoenix, and the bone-chilling cold often felt in Michigan, we at Elio Motors appreciate HVAC year-round. In this week’s Momentum, we are excited to announce another addition to our supplier partner list: our American HVAC supplier RedDOT.

Red_Dot1.png

As a regular reader of the Momentum, you most likely know that we have moved from the prototype phase to the testing and validation stage. The plan is to build a total of 23 engineering vehicles, each of which will be used for various testing and validation purposes. Several of these E-Series vehicles will be used to test multiple functions.

In July, we unveiled the E1-A, which is being used to fine tune the Elio’s braking system by our supplier, Continental. Each vehicle will be supplied to one or more of our partners to ensure that important systems offer optimum safety, comfort, longevity, and drivability of the Elio. As we speak, the E1-D is in transit, on its way to Seattle, Washington to begin testing by our HVAC supplier, RedDOT.

to-RedDOT1.jpg
The E1-D is on its way to Seattle, Washington, to begin testing by our HVAC supplier RedDOT.

RedDot is an employee-owned, American manufacturer with several locations across the United States. The applications for RedDOT’s products are about as unique as the Elio itself. While nearly half of its major customer groups are comprised of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), it is also a manufacturer for the construction, agriculture, and military industries. RedDOT has been a supplier for Daimler Trucks North America, Caterpillar, John Deere, and many more world-class manufacturers.

As a result of RedDOT’s diverse clientele, it has adopted a solution-based business model. If a company comes to RedDOT with a unique situation or need, RedDOT will respond with an equally creative solution. Its versatility makes for a great fit with the Elio’s uniqueness. As the Elio seats two in tandem, a unique heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system is needed to ensure optimum comfort for both driver and passenger. Enter RedDOT.

RedDOT will supply and test the heating, ventilation, cooling, and defrost components of the Elio. The American company is excited to work with Elio Motors and has proven to be a great partner so far by already delivering several HVAC units in well under customary time frames.

The testing conducted by RedDOT will ensure that Elio Motors’ customers will be comfortable in all situations. From blistering heat to chilling cold, and everything in between, RedDOT’s testing will confirm that the Elio will be well-equipped to handle every scenario. In the next several weeks, we will be gladly sharing the results of the testing. <Spoiler alert: there will be some incredible pictures and video.>

We are excited to welcome RedDOT to the Elio Motors family and we look forward to seeing the solutions they provide for our customers.

*MSRP for non-refundable reservations only and applies only until non-refundable and refundable reservations total 65,000. Total current reservations can be seen at: eliomotors.com. MSRP excludes destination/delivery charges, taxes, title, registration, and options/installation.

Certain statements in this email including, but not limited to, statements related to anticipated commencement of commercial production, targeted pricing and performance goals, and statements that otherwise relate to future periods are forward-looking statements. These statements involve risks and uncertainties, which are described in more detail in the Company’s periodic reports filed with the SEC, specifically the most recent reports which identify important risk factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are made and based on information available to the Company on the date of this email. Elio Motors assumes no obligation to update the information in this email.

Top Bottom