• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V80 - The E1c Has Arrived!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I compare the ELIO to my G1 Insight all the time. It is very similar, except 4 wheels instead of three..It ,the G1 weighs a little more, and is slightly smaller.
I know what to expect from the ELIO as far as performance, and I will be satisfied............for a while.

Patience is a virtue, use it.
Interesting. I understand that you have certain expectations from the Elio, but don't understand how you know for certain that you will be satisfied without a test drive. Did you have a comparison and know what to expect from the G1 Insight before you bought it? This is a serious question, because I currently have refundable reservation deposits on 3 concept vehicles. I have some expectations or wouldn't have placed a deposit. I have no idea if any or all 3 will meet or possibly exceed my expectation until after a test drive to test performance, handling, and check the fit and finish of the vehicles to determine whether or not I will officially make a purchase.

I've test driven a number of vehicles that appealed to me in terms of styling and affordability that were surprisingly disappointing after spending some time behind the wheel.

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here we go again with 0-60 times
(Glad I saved these)
0-60 in 10.7 to 12
View attachment 11849

1973 Malibu SS with 350 11.6
Ford Cortina MKII GT (which everyone swore was a screaming little car) 12.0

Here's some other comparisons

http://www.zeroto60times.com/slowest-cars-0-60-mph-times/show/100/

But to rub it in

http://www.zeroto60times.com/fastest-cars-0-60-mph-times/
My 1994 Suzuki Swift got 11.5 0-60mph, so the Elio will be an upgrade! (in more ways than one) :D

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
60 MPH in a Ferrari may not be as exciting as that same 60 MPH in a Miata... size DOES matter. The Elio, with it's long wheelbase and light weight, may be a lot of fun through the corners! Think about a slide in a corner in the Elio - you'll be able to see exactly what your front tires are up to.

Top Bottom