• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

More Promotion, Or More Production?

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you dig through the long list of failed 3 wheelers in the "Vehicles Like Elio" category in this board you'll find the one thing they all have in common is lack of promotion.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Which would you like to see more of from the Elio company?

To me it seems like the car will sell itself - IF it can live up to the Four promises...
In a way we are "seeing" both. We see the promotions and the obvious increase in the number of events indicates this is picking up dramatically. We hear about the work towards production as each prototype is tested and adjustments are made to meet the 4 promises. I am excited about being included in all of this because no other vehicle has been promoted this way. Watching and hearing the step by step progress was not promised but is happening. How cool is that! :-) Z

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Which would you like to see more of from the Elio company?

To me it seems like the car will sell itself - IF it can live up to the Four promises...

The Best promotion in the world will be 40,000 Elios cruzin the HOV lanes of the good
'OL USA.............of couse tha't a chicken & egg postulate............ :)

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, a few questions popped up at lunch today with my girl friend. (the one that says she will always drive and I will be in the back seat). Reading the facebook/elio comments, it seems like no one seems to under stand the price of the elio will be sharply higher than $6800. Elio has already said they are within $300 of the $6800, but $6995 by the 1st quarter of 2015 seems to be closer because of rising cost. A base Elio will cost say $7000 plus (est) $795 delivery, about $150 for dealer prep with is about $8000 plus an estimate 5-6% vehicle fees. That is $8500+. If you get an automatic, add $about $800+ and that's over $9000. + vehicle fees. Now, how many people will be shocked when you tell the salesman after the test drive and at his desk, I want my elio in red, and a automatic and cruise control. He checks his options price sheet and adds up the prices and turns the work sheet toward you and says that will be $8975..plus fees. How many people who have $100, $250, $500 reservations will be stunned and say what happened to $6800.? All of us have put a deposit down of what ever and that comes off the price before the fees of course. With about 20,000+ reservists, how many will say, well, maybe not, i'll have to think about it now. some will fail the credit check also..I bet EM will hold back the price of the options until the last day. I was at OKC and listened to the numbers the reps mentioned. I am budgeting about $10,000 for my elio and I am now adding another $1500. What say you guys.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you dig through the long list of failed 3 wheelers in the "Vehicles Like Elio" category in this board you'll find the one thing they all have in common is lack of promotion.
And the only thing they don't have in common is the only thing that will sell a three wheeled car and that's a

$6,800.00 BASE price tag :D

Last edited:

elio_curious

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
ok, so for $10,000.00 - I could keep driving our paid off 20mpg gas hog GMC Sonoma truck for (@ say $4.00/gal) 50,000 miles or about 10 years (we don't drive it much) <scratches head>

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, a few questions popped up at lunch today with my girl friend. (the one that says she will always drive and I will be in the back seat). Reading the facebook/elio comments, it seems like no one seems to under stand the price of the elio will be sharply higher than $6800. Elio has already said they are within $300 of the $6800, but $6995 by the 1st quarter of 2015 seems to be closer because of rising cost. A base Elio will cost say $7000 plus (est) $795 delivery, about $150 for dealer prep with is about $8000 plus an estimate 5-6% vehicle fees. That is $8500+. If you get an automatic, add $about $800+ and that's over $9000. + vehicle fees. Now, how many people will be shocked when you tell the salesman after the test drive and at his desk, I want my elio in red, and a automatic and cruise control. He checks his options price sheet and adds up the prices and turns the work sheet toward you and says that will be $8975..plus fees. How many people who have $100, $250, $500 reservations will be stunned and say what happened to $6800.? All of us have put a deposit down of what ever and that comes off the price before the fees of course. With about 20,000+ reservists, how many will say, well, maybe not, i'll have to think about it now. some will fail the credit check also..I bet EM will hold back the price of the options until the last day. I was at OKC and listened to the numbers the reps mentioned. I am budgeting about $10,000 for my elio and I am now adding another $1500. What say you guys.

I budgeted $10,000 as well

Top Bottom