• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

More Promotion, Or More Production?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And the only thing they don't have in common is the only thing that will sell a three wheeled car and that's

$6,800.00 BASE :D
with 84 mpg, engineered 5 star safety rating, built in the USA. Those are Paul Elio's goals and he is doing and has done everything in his power to meet them. One thing I have learned over my many years - if you truly believe in something enough, it will happen. That is why I have a nonrefundable reservation for an Elio. I am a true believer. Frankly I feel sorry for you doubters and questioners. You have no idea how much fun you are missing by not enjoying the adventure on this journey to Elio ownership. :-) Z

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
with 84 mpg, engineered 5 star safety rating, built in the USA. Those are Paul Elio's goals and he is doing and has done everything in his power to meet them. One thing I have learned over my many years - if you truly believe in something enough, it will happen. That is why I have a nonrefundable reservation for an Elio. I am a true believer. Frankly I feel sorry for you doubters and questioners. You have no idea how much fun you are missing by not enjoying the adventure on this journey to Elio ownership. :) Z

My exact feelings!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, a few questions popped up at lunch today with my girl friend. (the one that says she will always drive and I will be in the back seat). Reading the facebook/elio comments, it seems like no one seems to under stand the price of the elio will be sharply higher than $6800. Elio has already said they are within $300 of the $6800, but $6995 by the 1st quarter of 2015 seems to be closer because of rising cost. A base Elio will cost say $7000 plus (est) $795 delivery, about $150 for dealer prep with is about $8000 plus an estimate 5-6% vehicle fees. That is $8500+. If you get an automatic, add $about $800+ and that's over $9000. + vehicle fees. Now, how many people will be shocked when you tell the salesman after the test drive and at his desk, I want my elio in red, and a automatic and cruise control. He checks his options price sheet and adds up the prices and turns the work sheet toward you and says that will be $8975..plus fees. How many people who have $100, $250, $500 reservations will be stunned and say what happened to $6800.? All of us have put a deposit down of what ever and that comes off the price before the fees of course. With about 20,000+ reservists, how many will say, well, maybe not, i'll have to think about it now. some will fail the credit check also..I bet EM will hold back the price of the options until the last day. I was at OKC and listened to the numbers the reps mentioned. I am budgeting about $10,000 for my elio and I am now adding another $1500. What say you guys.

I would say the Elio is still a great deal!

The cheapest car available in the USA today is the $11,990 2014 Nissan Versa sedan. As you said for the Elio most people will add some options to that like the Automatic transmission ($1000) and a few other things so they will add likely another $2000 to that cost to end up about $14,000. Now you can haggle on this price so say you it get back down to $12,000. Now you have to add destination and dealer prep and 5-6% fees you mentioned which puts you back at about $13,500 out the door.

Using your estimates and my estimates for the cheapest car available in the USA today (which will likely be more expensive next year) the Elio is $3500 cheaper which is about 25% less out the door. The Elio also just about doubles the fuel economy of the Versa sedan which is rated at 27/36 which of course will save you even more money for years to come. :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of promotions: Elio is offering a bumper sticker as part of a USA promotional package............where the hell's the bumper!

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't put my bumper sticker on, why would I put on something that I would be hard pressed to remove in a year and that might damage the paint and lower resale value?

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
with 84 mpg, engineered 5 star safety rating, built in the USA. Those are Paul Elio's goals and he is doing and has done everything in his power to meet them. One thing I have learned over my many years - if you truly believe in something enough, it will happen. That is why I have a nonrefundable reservation for an Elio. I am a true believer. Frankly I feel sorry for you doubters and questioners. You have no idea how much fun you are missing by not enjoying the adventure on this journey to Elio ownership. :) Z
Roger that!

Top Bottom