• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Morphic Studies

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So continuing on , .. From my own collection of 'Morphics' . . . I can only attach 10 images. These are the names as found on the web;
This is set 2 of 3? I'll look for some more..This first one is not a morph, it's the;
Peugeot Mistral -Concept

57Mistral_vign2.jpg

Unknown
61coolest-gadgets_com.jpg

Audi R8X
2008-Audi-R8X.jpg

Pagani Zonda CinqueZ?
2009_pagani_zonda_cinqueZ.jpg

What ja know? A Corvett :-)
PHOTO_683380_3898_262169_main.jpg

Robson Merlin
robson_m3rlin_org.jpg

Unknown
ShapeChanger2a.jpg

Unknown
slotcarnews_blogspot_com.jpg

Unknown
SoftXFree.jpg

Peugeot Concept - Unknown
SportsCar_Peugeot_9009_1.jpg

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, I did find some more I would call 'Heavy Metal'. Except the last one, it has the look but not the weight or power of a supercar. But it does get over 100mpg in 4 wheel form! The point being, yes you can have some cake and eat it too. (So long as it's Lemon or chocolate, or some other workable adaptations)
I only have a name for the third and forth ones. But on this first image, which is the real one? If it weren't for image irregularities, you'd never guess which. OK, yes can't be #2.
SixWheeler_x4s.jpg
nutleysports_co_uk.jpg

Sintesi
Sintesi-2008.jpg

Viking45
WesternXPrizeCarSideView_3W.JPG

Last edited:

Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The more I look at these, the more convinced I am that 3 wheel makes way more sense than 4 wheel on many levels. Got me to wondering if an enclosed 2 side by side wheel vehicle would be doable. Kinda like a very large segway with a cabin.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The more I look at these, the more convinced I am that 3 wheel makes way more sense than 4 wheel on many levels. Got me to wondering if an enclosed 2 side by side wheel vehicle would be doable. Kinda like a very large segway with a cabin.
Well, yes, that's more of a City Car solution. There are two self balancing types out there, one is the Lit Motors C1, and then at least one or two Japanese prototype/concepts out there. Search GizMag Automotive for the prototypes, they are single seat Segway like vehicles.
The Lit motors is a inline seating, possibly a two seat in the future, front and rear wheels, balanced by two gyro's that also act as a kinetic energy battery. A really cool implementation. But I find one issue with it, that won't affect everyone. It kind of wobble-leans, just a little as it goes. That may make a few people car sick. Irritate a few more. Hopefully that will be cleaned up in the production version.
I would not consider it competition to the Elio since it's priced at a premium of $24K or more, and not likely to ever be priced lower. Those gyros and controls cost extra. The novelty factor alone will also get them extra profit. As a product, it's not really in the same market as the Elio.
I should also say, a Segway type vehicle must be electric in current technology. And that pushes it in a higher priced product line than the Elio.
The basic aerodynamics are fairly predictable, inline seating will get higher MPGs at freeway speeds. If you mostly go city-speeds then the aerodynamics get less important and sociable seating becomes a little more attractive.
With it's layout and minimalist hardware, Elio is a highly optimal Freeway ready-all weather commuter at super good pricing, and looks exceptionally cool. That wins my heart.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow! It sure puts your imagination in full throttle. Keep them coming. I enjoy this thread.
Super! You asked, so you get! So lets look at a few existing Streamliner forms, or almost that. Not all of these will be morphs, but I don't think you'll mind it. This has been a big 'rampage' though what's possible, so let just enjoy.. :)
The first one is the Actual Windtunnel models I used around 1980. The V45 is close in form to the V4 and I got a .24cd (coefficent of drag) out of it in my one test. The CCC, (california commuter car) is the treky thing to the right. It had a .22 as best I can remember. And my Taddy on the left was a flat .20. Drop the top wing and I bet it would do better. But then there'd be very little place to put a headlight. Test methods and the tunnels can vary, with the current industry testing, my guess is all the numbers would go down by 15%, or about .17 for Taddy.
arak5.jpg

The CCC is the very car that initially inspired me into three wheelers.
mpg as freeway tested? 157mpg! It was listed in the GBOR!
ccc1Freeway.jpg

This next one is the CCC2, by Doug Malewicki
I thought his CCC update was too low a seat, so I sat the driver up just a tiny bit.
C2_SubCar0-98e8.jpg

?Pinnafarina?
PinnaZZ.JPG

Pinnafarina Racer - totally messed that guy's pants up.
1961_Pininfarina_Abarth_1000_Record_Car_01.jpg

An alternate skin for my Taddy. morph from a Diamond Aircraft
Hawker_Taddy.JPG

This is the Slyph from the 80's. I wanted that one lower.
Slyph _d3ab_Cut.JPG

I wanted to see the Aptera as an inline seater. Notice that this version is not front wheel drive.
I sent them a letter about that. 3months later they had FWD. I'm sure they were already into that. 3mo is WAY too little time for that switch.
Aptera1FrontCompare.JPG

Want more? :)

Last edited:

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Just wait until you have to do an emergency stop.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I've just about hit the last of them, but I did find some more. But first, I posted these already, but guess what these three were made from?
Miata_ConvertibleFront.jpg
Miata139.jpg
Miata141.jpg

The Miata :)
This next one is just a early sketch, maybe around 2003-2004?
BlackBeauty2.jpg

I may have posted this one already in a different angle
FEndCB7a.jpg

This is the Frisky with a better center of gravity.
frisky-two.JPG

And a modified Heinkle
squished_Heinkle.JPG

And finally a make-over for, I believe it's the Texas Rocket, but the file name says maurice-bourne.
reverse-trike-maurice-bourne1s.jpg

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I found some middle market vehicle morphs. The first is more of a chopped body of the Chevy Classic. Don't you think it's very Elio-ish?
2999_28.jpg

Then I used the Sonata as a style pattern for this one. Similar to my Atlantric but more American-ish
2014-Hyundai-Sonata-Front-Look.JPG

I couldn't settle on what headlights were best. Ideally I'd stand in front of a store and servey people for thier reactions. For the shape of the vehicle I intended, there wouldn't be space for them at the nose/middle body.
zScooter_GY6 Verticle.jpg
zInfinity_G35.jpg
zMazda_CX7.jpg

Obviously, there are about a million more headlight design patterns that could be triied. Like maybe some more centered and standard ones. I purposely used non-standard configurations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom