• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Morphic Studies

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm, well they did already provide some 'skin' variations. But no full fenders. So what kind of a make over would you like?
Pop in a photo here from the internet, and I will see what I can provide.

It is true, they could treat that as a platform to drop other concepts on top of it.
It would only take just one or two new vendors to get a drop-on kit market started. That could get thing moving. Although...

The reason this worked out for the VW bug is that it was a bit modular to start, and there were volumes of spars parts and dead donors to feed the system. The reason it worked out for the Lotus 7 is that they will pay a bit more for sports equipment, and it was much cheaper than other platforms. And of course you had a more predictible flat field class for fair competition. People with more money prefer different classes where investment gives an edge.

Maybe a traveler/road extender/camping set up?
Thanks. I did look back at the concept renderings and some were very stylish, all fully enclosed, but full enclosure never happened. Many refer to it as a golf cart. I guess stylish renderings are far easier and not practical for a production model vehicle designed for mass appeal. The driver comfort, performance, and handling sold it for me.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So here is the open roadster variation of this style.
150 Megalester.png

See what you think of it.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I also made the open top version, which involves just the swap of a removable top frm the prior video.

Does anyone want access to the 3d files so you can examine them in the Sketchup editor?
There are now about 150 of those files.

DikiJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I also made the open top version, which involves just the swap of a removable top frm the prior video.

Does anyone want access to the 3d files so you can examine them in the Sketchup editor?
There are now about 150 of those files.

Looks like one could put a jet engine (like the ones in those big RC planes) into the is configuration. I wonder if it would be enough to propel it,

Top Bottom