• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Most Affordable Vehicle Ever Created?

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DB, You only thought you were setting the record straight. Read the rest of my post. My uncle actually owned one of the UK models, I remember sitting in it about fifty years ago.

Yes, I have heard the other one about cars supposedly built from leftover aircraft parts. But as far as I know, there is no evidence to suggest that one was true.

Posting on the internet in capital letters is universally seen to indicate shouting, especially if you change to a capital font part way through a reply. That's no myth, either. ;)

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
REVERSE GEARS IN ISETTAs ARE FAR MORE UNIVERSAL THAN THE SHOUTING CAPS THING .
ONE IS A MADE UP GUIDELINE , THE OTHER IS A FACT TO WHICH THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS .

ISETTAS WERE BUILT IN ITALY BY ISO
FRANCE BY VELAM
SPAIN BY ISO ESPANIA
GERMANY BY BMW
ENGLAND BY ISETTA OF GREAT BRITON
BRAZIL BY ROMI ( BRAZIL's FIRST PRODUCTION CAR ! )

EVERY ONE OF THEM HAD A REVERSE GEAR .

WHAT I AM WONDERING IS , IF YOUR UNCLE HAD ONE & YOU KNEW IT HAD A REVERSE ,
WHY WOULD YOU POST SOMETHING YOU KNEW NOT TO BE TRUE ?

SERIOUSLY , IF YOU HAD A MISCONCEPTION . SHOULDN'T YOU BE THANKING ME
INSTEAD OF MAKING EXCUSES OR ACCUSING ME OF BLOWING MY CORK ?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Quit bitching. You solicited opinions, and you got the answer you knew you'd get.
If you didn't wan't to hear it, you shouldn't have asked the question.
Sorry Rob, David gets a free pass on this one about using CAPS. It's just part of his cast-in personality, and most of us have learned to love (or tolerate) him for it. With out personality, what have you got? A bunch of boring teletypes asking each other, 'what are u doing Dave? Daisy-Daisy. give me your answer...'
( obscure old movie quotes are part of my own personality-scope :D)

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Quirky personality traits are fine with me. You haven't ever seen me complain about all caps before, have you? I can deal with it just fine.

But when you know you have a quirky personality trait, people have mentioned it to you, and you've admitted you have it, and you know that it's a hot button trait to quite a few people, and you specifically question people's normal reaction to that quirky personality trait... Then no. That's where the free pass stops. Take responsibility for what you do.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Gentlemen can we end the bickering please; if you really want to read each other the riot act, go do it in a PM.
Wheaters; David always types in caps, if some of his post is in lower case, that part of a post by someone else. We all have adjusted; I hope you can too.
David I know you have a lot of other things going on; so don't get your shorts in a knot over a simple statement by another member.
We all make mistakes, and we all do know facts about other items. No harm no foul.

With that said; can we go take a toke of the peace pipe and move on?

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Coss, post:
With that said; can we go take a toke of the peace pipe and move on?[/QUOTE]

No, we can't. Not all of us are as lucky as you, RU, and others. Here I thought California was supposed to be the "hippie" state. :mad:;):D

Top Bottom