• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Motorcycle License In Colorado

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a motorcycle endorsement and an automobile license. Only thing I don't have is my Elio ... I'm ready either way!
Welcome from an Army guy in New Mexico. Hope you find the forum informative and useful. The search function will lead you to the appropriate places to find the answers to your questions. If you can't find it, just ask because some friendly helpful member will try to answer it. Welcome and we look forward to your comments and opinions.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Will the Elio require a motorcycle license in Colorado?

If so, what should I expect for getting a motorcycle license?
According to my notes and research, Colorado does not require a helmet or mc endorsement. I believe it will be a bonus to get an autocycle status identified by the legislature. Or at least we hope so. :-) Z

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Zelio,
Having spent 30+ years in Colorado before retiring to Florida, I can say you are half right. You do not need a helmet, but you do need a motorcycle validation on your license to operate a motorcycle in Colorado.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Zelio,
Having spent 30+ years in Colorado before retiring to Florida, I can say you are half right. You do not need a helmet, but you do need a motorcycle validation on your license to operate a motorcycle in Colorado.

It looks this is no longer true as Colorado has now passed a bill supported by Elio Motors to recognize autocycles and exempt them from requiring a motorcycle license to operate.

Welcome Marine. Check out Colorado House Bill 14-1367
Here is a link. or goggle it for info.

http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cl...FD7957A18B887257CAC0059DE2B/$FILE/1367_01.pdf

Additional Information.
http://openstates.org/co/bills/2014A/HB14-1367/

Last edited:

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It looks this is no longer true as Colorado has now passed a bill supported by Elio Motors to recognize autocycles and exempt them from requiring a motorcycle license to operate.
Now if I still lived in Denver I'd be ok.
Here is a new Denver 9NEWS interview. Looks like they are promoting the creamcicle as Bronco Orange. Smart marketing move in Denver this weekend.

http://www.9news.com/story/money/business/2014/08/28/elio-preview-tour-to-stop-in-colorado/14760165/

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a new Denver 9NEWS interview. Looks like they are promoting the creamcicle as Bronco Orange. Smart marketing move in Denver this weekend.

http://www.9news.com/story/money/business/2014/08/28/elio-preview-tour-to-stop-in-colorado/14760165/

You will be fine in Florida also. It looks like Florida already has most of the needed legal stuff place with just some clarifications needed and as you can see the Elio Government Affairs team is actively working on any issues which need to be resolved across the country. :)

I agree, Someone was thinking as the "Bronco Orange" theme on the P4 is really smart. :cool:

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You will be fine in Florida also. It looks like Florida already has most of the needed legal stuff place with just some clarifications needed and as you can see the Elio Government Affairs team is actively working on any issues which need to be resolved across the country. :)

I agree, Someone was thinking as the "Bronco Orange" theme on the P4 is really smart. :cool:
Probably Paul since he is originally from Denver.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Man, it looks soooo sweet, I just want to get in and go somewhere, anywhere, then back again. I agree with a theme in 'Pirates Of the Caribbean', it represents freedom. They should have named that one color, Black Pearl.

http://www.9news.com/story/money/business/2014/08/28/elio-preview-tour-to-stop-in-colorado/14760165/[/QUOTE]

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Man, it looks soooo sweet, I just want to get in and go somewhere, anywhere, then back again. I agree with a theme in 'Pirates Of the Caribbean', it represents freedom. They should have named that one color, Black Pearl.
AriLea, heres a few more colors to go with your black pearl.
Black Onyx
White Diamond, white pearl, white jade, white crystal
Blue Topaz, blue sapphire
Red Garnet, red ruby
Silver Pyrite
Orange Coral
Green Peridot, green tourmaline

Top Bottom