• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Motorcycle Parking

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I happen to notice a Can Am Spyder parked in the motorcycle parking spot. Nothing wrong with that, but it made me think that one of the benefits of the Elio being classified as a motorcycle would allow upfront parking in most lots in one of the motorcyle slots
To tell the truth, I have a disable pass for my wife I will never use by myself out of respect for others.
I also respect the MC guys, so unless there is enormous-auspicious room, I'll never park my 'autocycle' in an MC area. It would take up too much of that valuable space.
But I'll gladly drive in the diamond lane as my right to do so.
Maybe someday there will be three-wheel 'autocycle' spaces?
Parking.png

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only reason I brought this up at all is for three reasons:
  • When I worked in DC, I used to see a Corbin Sparrow parked in the motorcycle slots on the street. That's free parking! In DC we're talking a savings of over $250 per month.
  • I know that during the winter, these slots will be empty.
  • The area I'm talking about is simply a marked off area near the front of the building, not individual parking slots, so it's really not taking up a 'space' per se. It is taking up space, but if no one else is using it, what's the harm?
All that to say, no, out of courtesy and respect, I will not be parking in these spots. But I could.

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was out shopping today and walked out to my car. I happen to notice a Can Am Spyder parked in the motorcycle parking spot. Nothing wrong with that, but it made me think that one of the benefits of the Elio being classified as a motorcycle would allow upfront parking in most lots in one of the motorcyle slots....hope this was not already a dead horse beaten but I thought it would be a cool thought to share. Thoughts??

-ElioTony

I think your new Elio will get keyed by a few Harley riders.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To tell the truth, I have a disable pass for my wife I will never use by myself out of respect for others.
I also respect the MC guys, so unless there is enormous-auspicious room, I'll never park my 'autocycle' in an MC area. It would take up too much of that valuable space.
But I'll gladly drive in the diamond lane as my right to do so.
Maybe someday there will be three-wheel 'autocycle' spaces?
View attachment 2900
Is AUTOCYCLE the term we use? Seriously I don't want to call it a car for fear the DMV will call it a car, with all the obstacles that will put in the way. Seriously, I envision being comfortably ensconced in a cockpit much more like an airplane than a motorcycle, I really consider it a car

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is AUTOCYCLE the term we use? Seriously I don't want to call it a car for fear the DMV will call it a car, with all the obstacles that will put in the way. Seriously, I envision being comfortably ensconced in a cockpit much more like an airplane than a motorcycle, I really consider it a car

Maybe instead of a motorcycle with a roof, or a car with three wheels, or an autocycle, we should call it an airplane without wings?

Top Bottom