• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Motorcycle Parking

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nothing other tan a two wheeled Motorcycle should be park in an area marked Motorcycles.
The idea is to save parking spaces 2-3 bike fit where one car goes putting 3 wheelers there defeats the purpose.
I want the ELIO to be labeled a motorcycle. Lower cost plates ,insurance and less government regulation.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...without wings, 'yet'. :cool:

Saw some good attach/hard points on the Elio frame pics...:D
Were there any good attachment points on the roof? I came across this better than wings image.

image.jpg

MaxToreador

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Around here the "motorcycle spots" are the rounded ends of the rows. They're not marked for bikes, but they also don't say no parking. Split between the ~3 in front of most major stores there are usually 2-3 bikes and in theory 2 Elios could park nose to nose in one... So if it was a solo run in to buy milk/cat food/etc I'd do it. If I came out to a ticket or tow'er I'd #1 expect the bikes to get one too and #2 remember they don't like it there and not repeat. In short, I'm not going to be an ass if they don't like me there but if it's a sign-less 'no parking' zone then I'd expect the bikes to be treated the same.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Around here the "motorcycle spots" are the rounded ends of the rows. They're not marked for bikes, but they also don't say no parking. Split between the ~3 in front of most major stores there are usually 2-3 bikes and in theory 2 Elios could park nose to nose in one... So if it was a solo run in to buy milk/cat food/etc I'd do it. If I came out to a ticket or tow'er I'd #1 expect the bikes to get one too and #2 remember they don't like it there and not repeat. In short, I'm not going to be an ass if they don't like me there but if it's a sign-less 'no parking' zone then I'd expect the bikes to be treated the same.

I'm not really concerned about tickets. I'm was more talking about if I would offend motorcycle owners if I parked in their designated spots. Something that I've decided I can legally do, but will not be exercising that right in the interest of fellowship.

MaxToreador

Elio Fan
Reaction score
@CompTrex Yeah, generally same idea here. The area I was talking about that the bikes use here could hold 3-4 Goldwings each row. There are normally 2-3 Nighthawk-ish or GXR sized bikes to the whole lot at peak, so peeving the bikers is unlikely for me. However, peeving "Officer Cranky" or "Manager Crabbypants" would be a thing that would happen.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
@CompTrex Yeah, generally same idea here. The area I was talking about that the bikes use here could hold 3-4 Goldwings each row. There are normally 2-3 Nighthawk-ish or GXR sized bikes to the whole lot at peak, so peeving the bikers is unlikely for me. However, peeving "Officer Cranky" or "Manager Crabbypants" would be a thing that would happen.

Maybe offer them a ride. That may soften them a bit.

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Besides, with my vehicles, I tend to park them away from everybody else just to avoid door dings and such. I don't mind walking a bit more, and the cars tend to look better for longer. There's a row of parking spots very close to the front door of our neighborhood supermarket, and the absolute worst parking behavior is always on display there. I refuse to park there, and my wife calls it "Idiot's Row"... :eek:

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The idea with motorcycling parking is we take up much less room. No need for us to take an enter parking spot of 1 motorcycle. That leaves more slots of the cages to park.
The ELIO motorcycle or car is to big for motorcycle parking put it where it belongs in a park slot.

Ocean9000

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only dedicated motorcycle parking I have ever seen in my area is at "enthusiast" establishments that scare the general public away anyway. Not a single one at any store, mall, school, bank. library or hospital.

Top Bottom