• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
2nd seat arrived today, didn't want to order 2 in the first instance in case they didn't work out, but things look good.

1676033395106.png

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Question: The seat in the foreground has a recliner on the Left, but I don't see a recliner on the other seat.
Is it hidden by the seat in front of it? Or does it have one?

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Made the seat podiums today, very pleased that therer is no welding involved, just laser cut them out, fold and bolt them in.

I will move the rear axle further rearwards as probably 90% of the weight is sitting on them, pun intended, but other than that, happy.

The axles are untrimmed at the moment, that's why they are sticking out so far, and you can see the rollers on the axles.

1676114120553.png

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was going to just extend the seat podiums that I made yesterday, but got off my butt, refigured the design and made new ones today.

Basically moved the rear axle back 4" to transfer more of the weight to the front axle, you can see in the pictures, old and new, new and new. Also the axles are now covered for for better appearance.

For those interested in how I go about things, all folds were 90 degrees, as I always try to achieve, but in this case I couldn't at the rear, so still keeping it simple at 45 degrees, no using silly bespoke angles if I can avoid them.

1676204877748.png

1676204894830.png

Top Bottom