• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So that that begs to be completed out to it's conclusion. Some more choices have to be made. Here are 3 possible. (Assuming we will have a logo...)
View attachment 26238
It does take some imagination, but the paterns forming are informative. I definitely dislike verticle bars in the lower area, unless they hide better in all black.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Or in this case the mind.
This is great. Thanks. I think I prefer the vertical bars. Looks more like a mouth that would be a reflection of people who see the BEX for the first time. The bottom area could just be black.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Plain black vertical bars, no badge, no lights in there. Anything put in there detracts from the grill and the look. Put the badge on the front fenders instead.
Headlights have to be placed either in the grill area or in a hood scoop to meet FMVSS motorcycle headlight spacing and height certification requirements.

Last edited:

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you are taking "votes"... I really like the vertical bars. I know you have to put the headlights in the middle of the grill, so (maybe) the badge/emblem can go on the hood (like BMW??) Have you designed a Badge/Emblem?? Here is my version (LOL)!!
my_grill.jpg

In an unrelated side note, I really like the name "mongrel"... its unique, cool and tough all at the same time!!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because it's awful and I don't like it..
Either way, I'm buying it! :cool:

And speaking of american tastes, many of the most popular classic American cars have had the verticle bars. But the horizontal have been as well.
So it seems that a grill that stand-out in an iconic way, rater than hides is the winner with the most people. Here at least.

So here is a little more icing on that cake.. Just to complete the 'skematic' view of this pattern. It might indicate how heavy to make the edge line, or not.
1671466294169.png

Last edited:

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
By the way, Aptera pushed thier wheels out partly to reduce the drag that happens when air is trapped/channeled between an object and bigger body.
But point taken!
I'm really hating what Aptera did there even as I love the rest, they made the car too friggin wide! It's wider than some trucks even! It may be fine on the interstate and highways, but my city (Fayetteville) has gone with the narrowest lanes legal by state/federal regulations on many major roads so they can squeeze in an extra lane, the width will also be a problem in parking lots.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Either way, I'm buying it! :cool:

And speaking of american tastes, many of the most popular classic American cars have had the verticle bars. But the horizontal have been as well.
So it seems that a grill that stand-out in an iconic way, rater than hides is the winner with the most people. Here at least.

So here is a little more icing on that cake.. Just to complete the 'skematic' view of this pattern. It might indicate how heavy to make the edge line, or not.
View attachment 26247
Too busy for my eye, but I’d buy it after a test drive to verify performance, handling, and driver comfort.

Top Bottom