• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That looks very similar to the in-line filter on my GM work truck. One end threads in and the other end you squeeze the two little white tabs and it pops off.
It appears you are making everything on the Mongrel -- DIY friendly. Thank you!!

Both ends of the filter, and the tank fittings all use the squeeze tabs.

Never seem to work as advertised.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok...

I have decided to go straight to start final design work and building tooling suitable for limited production.

I am very satisfied with what I have, I know it's going to work, and see no reason to waste more weeks, or months even, going further with a prototype which has now served it's purpose.

Don't get too excited, it's still quite a process to go, it's not like they will be ready to produce next month.

First step will be to build a production floor pattern, and do the tooling for that over the next 1.5 to 2 weeks estimated.

To celebrate this momentous occasion, here is a man eating spaghetti off the road

1680611650038.png

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok...

I have decided to go straight to start final design work and building tooling suitable for limited production.

I am very satisfied with what I have, I know it's going to work, and see no reason to waste more weeks, or months even, going further with a prototype which has now served it's purpose.

Don't get too excited, it's still quite a process to go, it's not like they will be ready to produce next month.

First step will be to build a production floor pattern, and do the tooling for that over the next 1.5 to 2 weeks estimated.

To celebrate this momentous occasion, here is a man eating spaghetti off the road

View attachment 26492
Super news. Too bad Elio never got to this stage. I'm now 962 months old and hope to have my "Mongrel" soon.

Top Bottom