• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lots of fiddling today, but going rather smoothly.

Got the exhaust tunnel in ....

1701441535297.png

That's the tunnel where the red arrows start, and the rest is the exhaust routing. ...

1701441810266.png

JohnJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's a little modivator.... I just saw on the news that last year Tesla Motors made a profit of twenty billion U.S. dollars. That's not gross sales, that's profit. Seems that there is a huge market for electric cars. If Tesla can sell that many expensive electrics, I wonder how many inexpensive electrics Mark could sell?

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The purpose I exist with this project is an alternative to Elio, which means gasoline power, but 2nd cab off the rank is planned to be EV, and trying to make the car modular where possible to make the changeover to EV models later as easy and as cheaply as possible.

Batteries is another issue, next year should see Sodium NA batteries being at least being made in limited production, and they are my preference, becuase:

1/2 to 2/3rds the price.
Work down to -40 degrees.
Do not catch fire or explode.

Downside is they are slightly heavier, or less range, take you choice, but, in cold temps they do not lose any range like lithium does, so in those conditions one could say they are lighter or more range :-).

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I found a shop in my city who says they can produce the chassis, a 'one stop shop', so the last few days I have been adjusting and converting the appropriate computer files to suit their software.

I will get them to make a sample and we shall see the result.

While waiting, here is a picture of some onions to entertain you ..

1701835241601.png

Interested

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I found a shop in my city who says they can produce the chassis, a 'one stop shop', so the last few days I have been adjusting and converting the appropriate computer files to suit their software.

I will get them to make a sample and we shall see the result.

While waiting, here is a picture of some onions to entertain you ..

View attachment 26793
So is this a hint on the color of the first BEX? Perhaps the air freshener?

Top Bottom