• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So is this a hint on the color of the first BEX?
I'm going to get a gallon of Kubota Orange Tractor paint (around $75) and re-paint mine. That should be fairly close to that "Creamsicle" color originally offered by Elio. For those of you who want yellow, there is both Caterpillar Yellow and John Deere Yellow.
Kubota_Orange.JPG

DikiJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I found a shop in my city who says they can produce the chassis, a 'one stop shop', so the last few days I have been adjusting and converting the appropriate computer files to suit their software.

I will get them to make a sample and we shall see the result.

While waiting, here is a picture of some onions to entertain you ..

View attachment 26793
Darn. Now my eyes are watering because you cut those onions.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I had a local shop construct the first complete chassis (under my supervision) from drawing to finished, as per my aim for a 'one stop shop' for laser cutting, folding, trimming, assembly, and welding.

It all went smooth and within my demands, except I am still not 100% happy with the welding, being well strong enough, but the aesthetic aspect of the welds could be better.

It really is a simpler product now, and some might notice the cleaner look to the floor pan being just 2 pieces now (started with 6!).

1702740781995.png

A comparison of transport here, my chassis being taken back to my shop on a 3 wheeler of course, being one of the smaller engineering shops in my city, next to a gas turbine made by one of the biggest engineering works not just in my city, but in the world!

1702741397946.png

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now it really looks like the CAD model, candy apple red colour even!

1703939620374.png

People ask about a tow hitch, last night after staring at the CAD model for a few hours (not joking), it finally hit me how to do it while integrating the mount for the suspension swingarm.

Bit hard to explain at the moment, but the 6 straps you see, yellow arrows, are the foundation for it.

1703939637411.png

Top Bottom