• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I designed this over the last few hours, the red tow hitch fits/bolts into the pink folded part that piggybacks onto the chassis, and internally strengthens it to be able to mount the rear swing arm pivots to it.

Yes there's enough room to remove the wheel.

1703959167598.png

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
it seems to me that the red tow hitch would offer a good jacking point should it be necessary to jack up the rear .... do you foresee the hitch being a standard feature or as an option ..?

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good morning from 2024 ... 12:40 am to be exact.

And what does one do on New Year's Eve? One designs car parts of course and prepares them for laser cutting tomorrow (yes, New Year's Day).

The chassis piggyback sections to be exact (bright green), that accept the rear bumper/trailer hitch, support the rear swingarm pivots, and has the fuel tank rear crossmember integral as well.

1704041064785.png

Finish my New Year's 18 year old Glenlivet whiskey, and off to bed
1f642.png

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yup, not like going down to the beach to one of the many bonfires (Australian Summers) and chasing drunk girls like 40 years ago ....
The words are in the song ...
Interesting in that my first job was running the projectors at a drive-in theater. 7 nights a week for $34/week. Friday & Saturday were "dusk to dawn".

This was in the very early '60s.

Top Bottom