• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Family And Other Animals!

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Grew up with pets all my life. In high school, my family raised and showed Chinese Shar-Pei's when they were still very rare and before they were recognized by the AKC.

Our current line up includes and miniature beagle that isn't miniature (though we paid for it!) and a rescue dog that was supposed to be a beagle mix, but I think is more Jack Russel Terrier. We also have two Guinea Pigs that we rescued from a small animal rescue.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting aside, down here in S florida there are many 55+ communities (one in which I reside), that has a strict "NO Pet rule"
If you think our government is taking over your freedom this ain't the place 4 u. Anyway, some folks found out about "emotional support animals" i.e. with a Dr's note that such an animal would benefit the mental health of it's owner. (Not a guide dog, or an animal trained to help the disabled) so we now have a lot of folks with same. And at every board meeting someone gets up to bitch (dog pun) about folks having pets- and it has to be restated that there are no pets here only E.S. animals!! this is a national Fair-housing law, which some folks have taken to extremes.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting aside, down here in S florida there are many 55+ communities (one in which I reside), that has a strict "NO Pet rule"
If you think our government is taking over your freedom this ain't the place 4 u. Anyway, some folks found out about "emotional support animals" i.e. with a Dr's note that such an animal would benefit the mental health of it's owner. (Not a guide dog, or an animal trained to help the disabled) so we now have a lot of folks with same. And at every board meeting someone gets up to bitch (dog pun) about folks having pets- and it has to be restated that there are no pets here only E.S. animals!! this is a national Fair-housing law, which some folks have taken to extremes.

E.S. animals!! Unite! :p

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's one of ours - a rescue dog, he was a very young dog in bad shape when we found him, or in truth, when he found us! He had obviously been living rough for some time and had probably been hit by a car, judging by his injuries. He's grown into a great character and thinks he rules the roost. I wasn't keen on him at first; not my first choice of breed (broken coated Jack Russell). But then as a very young dog, he quickly sorted out the rodent problem in my garage - I was very impressed, especially as he learned the job as he went along - he found the nest and killed six mice in a very few minutes and laid them all out for me to see! Now he follows me around and communicates to me all the time - we're big pals now.

IMAG0399.jpg

My wife & I have Two daughters (grown-up) so I'm some what outnumbered
Until we rescued Wynston 4.5 years ago.....he's slowed down a lot since we
lost Binka (another female)....but he's Dad's little 'ol man......
Wynston_2015 - Copy.JPG

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And here is his big sister! A Staffordshire bull terrier/collie cross (we think, she is another rescue dog and don't know her parentage) She was roaming the streets as a pup for some time. We think she might have been thrown out of a home with a young baby - she's scared of babies, as we discovered when our first grandchild came here - she ran away and hid!

Image0223.jpg

I don't blame her. Babies scare the crap out of me too! :eek: Too many funny smells and ear piercing squeals!

Here's my buddies. Grandson Jaxon, and Iggy. Both know how to get their way. ;)

notellin 069.JPG

Top Bottom