• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Family And Other Animals!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Arrows the energetic boxer who loves using those large boxer paws to dig out some big holes in the yard
arrows.jpg

Athena loves the woods and the lake near my home
athena.jpg

Buttercup is always in the sun and seeking the warmest part of the house as she is originally from St Croix in the US Virgin Islands
buttercup.jpg

Lipstick is a kitty who looks much bigger than she is thanks to all the fur. She is actually small enough to fit into mole holes and hunt the critters where they live
lipstick.jpg

Nina does not like strangers so visitors to my home almost never see her however she is also a very effective hunter
nina.jpg

Oscar is the only male of the group and by far the largest cat at about 3 feet long, plus his large bushy tail, and about 17 lbs in weight. He is a cold weather cat preferring to stay inside with the A/C when it warms up
oscar.jpg

Our dogs came from neighbors whose pets had pups and all the cats were strays at one time who came to us directly or indirectly. We also have a dozen hens who provide us with eggs and the occasional chicken dinner.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arrows the energetic boxer who loves using those large boxer paws to dig out some big holes in the yard
View attachment 4871

View attachment 4872

Buttercup is always in the sun and seeking the warmest part of the house as she is originally from St Croix in the US Virgin Islands
View attachment 4873

Lipstick is a kitty who looks much bigger than she is thanks to all the fur. She is actually small enough to fit into mole holes and hunt the critters where they live
View attachment 4874

Nina does not like strangers so visitors to my home almost never see her however she is also a very effective hunter
View attachment 4875

Oscar is the only male of the group and by far the largest cat at about 3 feet long, plus his large bushy tail, and about 17 lbs in weight. He is a cold weather cat preferring to stay inside with the A/C when it warms up
View attachment 4876

Our dogs came from neighbors whose pets had pups and all the cats were strays at one time who came to us directly or indirectly. We also have a dozen hens who provide us with eggs and the occasional chicken dinner.
I didn't know you had such a soft side-

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Our rescue Maltese, Sissy:
FurballParty2.jpg

Eight pounds of fluff who came from a drug dealer who raised pit bulls for fighting. When we got her she was almost bald, badly undernourished from neglect, and probably wouldn't have lasted another month. Sis learned to bark furiously when she was hungry - so she survived on an occasional french fry when her druggie household happened to enjoy a moment of sobriety. Her mate died a month before we took her - of similar circumstances.

We took her in, and with help from her vet, fed her up, cleaned up her coat, and she regained her health, thinking for the past 14 years that she's still a pup. This furball at first didn't want to be left alone and would snooze contentedly on a folded towel next to my keyboard as I worked on Saturday mornings while the rest of the household slept in. Anything for human contact, demanding only a periodic scratch from me. After a few months, she realized we weren't leaving and doesn't mind being left alone for hours. She's totally unafraid of anything, even slept through a major hurricane . . . but is terrified of riding in the car. This is the only dog I've know who doesn't understand the concept of "play" unless it's with something edible . . . and "fetch" is a totally foreign concept - "You threw it, you go get it!"

Sissy's quite elderly now, and her fearlessness got called a month or two ago when she was attacked by a pit bull and required a dozen or so stitches to put her back together. She healed quickly and is back to sleeping peacefully on any available lap and loving her family. It's been a long and difficult road, but Sissy found a forever home with us. She's earned every bit of affection she gets.
My strongest thanks for your post. If only folks had as much concern and passion that you have for your pet, we'd be living in a better world

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:D
View attachment 4871

View attachment 4872

View attachment 4873

View attachment 4874

View attachment 4875

View attachment 4876

...E-I-E-I-O!

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Our Jack Russell terrier is a clever little chap. As far as playing goes, he enjoys a chase and runs up and down the house while the bigger dog tries to round him up and stop him (collie sheepdog genes).

However, despite his working dog heritage, he's not much good as a retriever. If I throw a ball he will fetch it if I tell him to. He will sometimes fetch it a second time if he's in the mood. If I throw the ball a third time he just gives me a certain look, as if to say: "Look, chum, I've fetched it twice. If you're so stupid as to throw it away a third time, YOU fetch it! He makes me laugh every day!

Top Bottom