• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Specs -

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The transitional film looks good but it might still effect optical clarity. Some states also have restrictions as to what you can put onto windows. Their website does indicate that it is optically clear and some versions are for automotive use.

Price is $65 per running foot at 60" wide.

Not too bad. Might get some for my current car and try.

If you click on a specific tint level, there's a small "free sample" you can get to check out. Thinking about the stuff myself. Could 'maybe' do an entire Elio with 2 linear feet!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Probably illegal, but I'd throw some on the windshield too. Just make sure when the cops pull you over that you stop under an overpass, or some other shaded area. :D

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to order the free samples. One each of the four for autos. Have to pay for shipping, which is about $4.00.

Under the specs sheets, it appears they only change about 10% so getting the right level is important.
All of them have a greater than 80%IR rejection rate, that's good.
They also have installers which would add to the cost, but might be worth it.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to order the free samples. One each of the four for autos. Have to pay for shipping, which is about $4.00.

Under the specs sheets, it appears they only change about 10% so getting the right level is important.
All of them have a greater than 80%IR rejection rate, that's good.
They also have installers which would add to the cost, but might be worth it.

I did the windows on my Porsche 914 years ago, but they were removed from the car which made it a fairly simple task. Installed would have been a different story. I'd definitely go with a professional installer with the cost per linear foot of this stuff. Please share your impressions of the film once you receive your samples!

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The transitional tint is a good idea. Personally though I'm just going with a mild tint and clear UV / IR film on the windshield. They have clear tint that can block a lot of heat now so you don't have to go dark anymore to see an advantage. I wear sunglasses outside due to a prescription issue. My eyes seem to be more easily damaged than others by UV so I was ordered to get some wrap around shades.

I might order a sample to play with though. I could put it on windows in my home if I like it. I'll find a use for it if it meets my "new toy" standards.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The transitional tint is a good idea. Personally though I'm just going with a mild tint and clear UV / IR film on the windshield. They have clear tint that can block a lot of heat now so you don't have to go dark anymore to see an advantage. I wear sunglasses outside due to a prescription issue. My eyes seem to be more easily damaged than others by UV so I was ordered to get some wrap around shades.

I might order a sample to play with though. I could put it on windows in my home if I like it. I'll find a use for it if it meets my "new toy" standards.

Went ahead and ordered samples of the 25%, 35% and 50% transitional film to check out. If I like what I see, I may have it put on the Caddy...by a professional. I used to have a Mazda Protégé that had some DARK window tint installed by the previous owner. Loved it during the hot sunny weather, but after the sun went down it became kind of dangerous, particularly backing up! I'll post some pics of them together indoors, and out in the sun for comparison.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Samples arrived yesterday! But it was cloudy and drizzly when I got home. Going to test them out today if it's sunny and get some pics posted. Looks like high quality stuff, and I guess it should be for the price per linear foot!

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Got my samples too. FYI, the 25 is the darkest and the 75 the lightest. It is raining here, so no sun. Maybe tomorrow.
What I did see is that the 75 did have a visible change, even on a cloudy day. The others less so. Looks promising.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Got my samples too. FYI, the 25 is the darkest and the 75 the lightest. It is raining here, so no sun. Maybe tomorrow.
What I did see is that the 75 did have a visible change, even on a cloudy day. The others less so. Looks promising.
Excellent. When I went to get the free samples, it kept coming up with a cost and THEN shipping. I figured I was doing something wrong so I stopped looking into it. I'd actually love to put some on some windows in the house that get too much sun but I like the view.

Top Bottom