• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Specs -

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Excellent. When I went to get the free samples, it kept coming up with a cost and THEN shipping. I figured I was doing something wrong so I stopped looking into it. I'd actually love to put some on some windows in the house that get too much sun but I like the view.

The samples are free, but there was something like $3 shipping, or thereabouts.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay, I can confirm the film does work pretty good! Covered half of the film with the paper sleeve it came in and exposed the other half to the direct sun. Seems like it doubled its original darkness in about 15 seconds. I'll have to crunch the numbers on having my Caddy done, but my Elio is going to have this stuff! I'll run the same experiment when I get home and post the pics.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay, I can confirm the film does work pretty good! Covered half of the film with the paper sleeve it came in and exposed the other half to the direct sun. Seems like it doubled its original darkness in about 15 seconds. I'll have to crunch the numbers on having my Caddy done, but my Elio is going to have this stuff! I'll run the same experiment when I get home and post the pics.
I'd be interested in doing my Elio in the film as well. I hope it's as easy to apply as regular window tint.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd be interested in doing my Elio in the film as well. I hope it's as easy to apply as regular window tint.

Feels like good quality film, and I believe it had a 8 year warranty on film defects, and the "transitional effect" is said to last up to 13 years.

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I personally think I'm going to skip the auto darkening film as clear film can be made to prevent UV and IR damage now. UV is easy but the IR blocking is what costs. I won't go totally clear (except the windsheild per NC law) but I don't need it dark either and will not compromise night driving.

Edit -- has anyone seen a real picture of an Elio with the retro fenders?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm. Couldn't get the pictures to show the difference from shaded to full sun on the film. I could see it with my eyes, but the camera didn't show it. Going to try a different experiment when I get home tonight.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm also wondering how the auto darkening works in snow covered areas. Sometime snow can be quite bright if the sun is out.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
MINE CAME OUT AT $11k,, BIG DEAL.. ELIO MOTORS IF WORKING TOWARDS ACTUALLY PRODUCING A CAR, MIGHT HAVE COME TO POINT,, WILL TAKE $10k FOR BASIC AND $14 WITH OPTIONS,,, NOTHING DOME TOWARDS PRODUCING... COULD HAVE DONE WITH THE GM PLANT,, SOMETHING SMALLER TO GET STARTED.. ELIO was trying to START as one of the BIG boys from the start,, NOT how it works,,, company MUST PRODUCE SOMETHING, MUST PRODUCE A PRODUCT LIKE ELIO 'THREE WHEEL CAR' and then do so profitably ,, increasing car price as time goes on.. even builders building homes on 'spec',, once they have BUILT a few homes or models,,, finding out WHAT is costs them ,, then price of that model or home GOES UP accordingly... LOOK at SEC filing,, IN ALL THOSE YEARS, THERE WAS NO EFFORT MADE TO ACTUALLY PRODUCE CARS,,, HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO BUILD PROTOTYPES .. ELIO has left bad taste in everyone's mouth , which is a shame, because when and there WILL come a time when a car like ELIO will be for real.. it will be an uphill battle to overcome the negativity generated by Paul Elio.. who's likely got his few millions in Cayman Island banks to retire on... JANSHO davzway
LOL. Never mind. Move along.

Top Bottom