• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Myelio.me Is Up & Running

AndyT3

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see that their continually making edits, instead of just letting it go live.

And I'm still assuming that some of these options can still be added on after the fact? Such as the illuminated door sills, and interior trim? I worked as a Chevy tech for 5 years before changing careers, and I used to install quite a few GM Accessory door sill kits. The pigtail was right there under the factory sills. Pop the original ones off, plug the new ones in, and pop them on. Done deal. On the newer Tahoe's and Suburban's anyway.

Wishful thinking?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good to see that their continually making edits, instead of just letting it go live.

And I'm still assuming that some of these options can still be added on after the fact? Such as the illuminated door sills, and interior trim? I worked as a Chevy tech for 5 years before changing careers, and I used to install quite a few GM Accessory door sill kits. The pigtail was right there under the factory sills. Pop the original ones off, plug the new ones in, and pop them on. Done deal. On the newer Tahoe's and Suburban's anyway.

Wishful thinking?

Actually I think I remember seeing/reading somewhere that the final version of the wiring harness will be such that any future add-ons will be plug and play. Subsequent model years will most likely need modified/upgraded harnesses to accommodate options that haven't been considered yet. I can see electrical connectors [for turn signals and running lights] at the suspension openings being a good idea for adding lights to the front fenders...Mine will have them regardless. Just have to decide which style to incorporate.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow.... a $400 stereo upgrade is the only option?! I sure hope they have some better mid-range options. I need more than the base model, but no way in hell do I need "removable, portable, and works outside the vehicle"!

I think I will go to Best Buy or someplace similar for this upgrade. I like options.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually I think I remember seeing/reading somewhere that the final version of the wiring harness will be such that any future add-ons will be plug and play. Subsequent model years will most likely need modified/upgraded harnesses to accommodate options that haven't been considered yet. I can see electrical connectors [for turn signals and running lights] at the suspension openings being a good idea for adding lights to the front fenders...Mine will have them regardless. Just have to decide which style to incorporate.
Someone brought up a point about driving lights on the wheels; they will move at a different rate than the rest of the Elio; on a rough road they could be bouncing all over the place. I feel putting driving lights by the grill is going to be the best option if you actually what them to help you see down the road.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Someone brought up a point about driving lights on the wheels; they will move at a different rate than the rest of the Elio; on a rough road they could be bouncing all over the place. I feel putting driving lights by the grill is going to be the best option if you actually what them to help you see down the road.

Not driving lights, more like [but not identical to...that would look weird] VW Bug fender lights. Basically so traffic in front or behind you can see the front wheels in the dark, which is when I do half of my driving. Reflective tape might do the trick, but I kind of had my heart set on functional turn signals out there. I see I'll need to hone my Photoshop skills and play around with different types to see which compliments the stock fenders.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Not driving lights, more like [but not identical to...that would look weird] VW Bug fender lights. Basically so traffic in front or behind you can see the front wheels in the dark, which is when I do half of my driving. Reflective tape might do the trick, but I kind of had my heart set on functional turn signals out there. I see I'll need to hone my Photoshop skills and play around with different types to see which compliments the stock fenders.
I don't know if you've seen the LED tape that they use for mood lighting in some of the newer cars; it lights like a soft glow and not so much to project light like headlights or driving lights; more like a night light; or the luminescent paint that they have that lights from low voltage; I could see using something like that on the fenders.

Dragonz

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
It is definitely an expensive option. (Too expensive for me to even think about.) But it's not just an iPad holder with an interface to the car's computer. It also includes things like a 360 degree security camera, GPS, Internet connection, accelerometers, and an app for both your tablet and smart watch. The smartphone/watch connection apparently also includes remote door lock/unlock and remote start capability, and live video feed from your car.

Infinite Skyz | Elio Motors
"What does Infinite Skyz supply to Elio Motors?
Infinite Skyz will be supplying Elio Motors with our SkyzMatic vehicle connectivity system with numerous sensors to provide customers with connected car features including in-vehicle VoIP calling, Internet access, remote vehicle monitoring, remote start and lock/unlock, and navigation. The connectivity will also provide Bluetooth 4.0, in-vehicle internet access, camera monitoring and logging, vehicle location monitoring, trip logging, distance sensors, and accelerometer data monitoring. The SkyzMatic system will transmit real-time camera viewings, location, dashboard, distance sensors, and accelerator data directly to an iPad or iPhone. All of the remote functions will be transmitted from an iPhone and iWatch to and from the Elio through the SkyzMatic system. The information available to Elio owners through the SkyzMatic connectivity system will significantly enhance their overall experience with the vehicle through best-in-class technology, apps, and safety features."

You can also read about it directly from the InfiniteSkyz people: Infinite Skyz

It's to bad that they won't support android devices though. That's all I use, and having to purchase an IPad, and get the software for it, as well as learning a new system interface, doesn't seem appealing to me in anyway.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's to bad that they won't support android devices though. That's all I use, and having to purchase an IPad, and get the software for it, as well as learning a new system interface, doesn't seem appealing to me in anyway.

They said they would have an Android client by the time they release. I believe they said that back in 2015, so that is a lot of time for them to get it right ;)

Top Bottom