• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Myelio.me Is Up & Running

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
My vote is for "the Closster". Although personally I like the Elgin and will be sticking with it, unless it ends up being so bad that EM is forced to recall them.
Hmmm the Closster doesn't quite do it for me <there's no L in Coss>
But the CossCluster has the kind of ring that fits me.
Yes, I never blanked out the gauge maker; but when I send them the patterns for the mounting plate (complete gauge replacement plate) that will make it mine. Anyone else that wants to go through that much effort is welcome to do so, it is 65% of the entire makeup. That's what will make it a simple swap out project. (If you look on their site you'll see the section called "Custom Designs")
I do like the combination speed and tach gauge however.
The two combo gauges are the plan to replace the Elgin with the details that people want. So the Speedometer/Tach/odometer is one and the 4 in 1 is the other; that will cover just about everything most people want details on.
They also have a way to set up idiot lights to get your attention to actually read the gauges when something is having a bad day.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So...You're saying that the act of replacing the Elgin would be called a Closstermy? :rolleyes:

An Elginectemy :p

Hmmm the Closster doesn't quite do it for me <there's no L in Coss>
But the CossCluster has the kind of ring that fits me.

When I read "CossCluster" my brain spoonerisms it and I read "ClossCuster". How about just "Coss Gauges"? I see a future where people are talking about their Elios, and they say, "yeah, I Coss'd the Elgin" :)

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The "All American Tradition Series" in black makes me drool a bit. Feels old-school aviation inspired. I see they have a quad gauge setup in 3 3/8, but only list the larger speedo/tach. I would probably replace the Elgin for those even if the Elgin proves not terrible, LOL.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm, CossCluster? Closster? Since the OEM dash is watch themed, maybe a Cossio?
Haven't you guys been warned about the over use of portmanteau words? Grrrrr! The language police are on the lookout for larapists like you! (Language + rapists). See how fast this gets ugly?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
This I like. I'm not sure what all the warnings from the Elgin dash are going to be. I'd be glad to have brake, traction control, and check engine alarms.
Some of those will still be there, but of course at an additional fee; that's a lot of extra work and parts to fit in.

Reactions: Ekh
Top Bottom