• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Myelio.me Is Up & Running

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bare painted metal floor, at least as of last time the question was answered officially.
Just make sure if you are going to put in your carpet that you have a way to secure it so you don't end up with it bunched under the brake pedal like those people in the Toyotas did. Also, carpet against painted metal floor often results in rubbing through the paint and then rust. Make sure you have a good pad under the carpet. (or something else - just make sure it's automotive)

-- Though, in all honesty, I doubt you'll save much money at all doing this yourself... Surely, it won't be as good as the custom-cut carpet that Elio will surely be using. I mean, it's only $70... carpet padding at JCWhittney is $21. Carpet is another $20 or so... That's $41. Can of adhesive $23... spray in bed liner $9... now, you spent $73 and blew several hours of your time to save ... nothing. There's probably a cheaper way to do this but if you just cut carpet and lay it flat on the floor, that could be dangerous...

Last edited:

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Confirmed Yes, or confirmed No?

That's what I get for replying to a post as soon as I read it--instead of reading ALL of the following posts.

"Elio Motors: Hello Randy, the new fenders will come with all Elios, and if you buy the retro fenders when you order your Elio, you'll have both sets!"

Someone, somewhere posted this:
"Two of the reps did tell me the standard radio would have bluetooth, aux and usb. Jermaine said they will be adding padding to the backseat, it was a little hard and also a handle to aid in getting out of the back."

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I plan on selecting the standard radio (hopefully standard single DIN size) and replacing it with a radio like this. Pop out touchscreen for my backup camera and apps, Andriod operating system, GPS antenna for Google Maps and bluetooth.
71d76oEOvML._SL1315_.jpg

Top Bottom