• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Myers Motors

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was just reiterating that making a cheap EV for poor people just won't work. Now, making a cheap EV for people who live in houses makes some sense.
That was a cheap EV for poor people not homeless people.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That was a cheap EV for poor people not homeless people.

Funny you should say that. I believe that in a few more years, used Nissan Leafs will be the BEST car for homeless people. Free places to charge are still plentiful, and all-electric Heat/AC (plus heated seats) means that a homeless person could sleep in their Leaf with a greater level of comfort than in an ICE. Not to mention, free "fuel" from those chargers means that person can still drive around town to a job etc. without having to spend a dime. And with some minor modifications, they can be wired to power small electric appliances.

But even new EVs will be much cheaper as battery technology increases. As soon as 2025, EVs will be cheaper to produce than ICE cars.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Funny you should say that. I believe that in a few more years, used Nissan Leafs will be the BEST car for homeless people. Free places to charge are still plentiful, and all-electric Heat/AC (plus heated seats) means that a homeless person could sleep in their Leaf with a greater level of comfort than in an ICE. Not to mention, free "fuel" from those chargers means that person can still drive around town to a job etc. without having to spend a dime. And with some minor modifications, they can be wired to power small electric appliances.

But even new EVs will be much cheaper as battery technology increases. As soon as 2025, EVs will be cheaper to produce than ICE cars.
Sounding like an affordable 'tiny motor home'.

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps an update on Myers Motors?
half-car-bullet04-1-600x386.jpg

It was three wheel but it seems to be four wheels and a lot narrower with seating similar to the Elio.
tuv-with-outlet-1000x563.jpg

This is nice but I like the three wheel design better.

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
4 wheels will open up more options for them I think. Being an actual car should make the paperwork easier at least and I don't think any three wheeler was able to get tax credits or EV loans since they aren't full cars. I could be wrong.

edit-- Lets not forget that the 7.5 tax credit is a refund on income tax. The buyers needs to borrow or have the entire price now and hope they get their income tax filled out properly for a refund. --edit

The price is a killer though. EV needs to come down. It used to be that the batteries were the major cost but that has come down dramatically. They are depending on a tax credit and even then it's too high. This car needs to be under 15k or with the credit around 10k. I can buy a lot of gas for 10k and keep driving my sports car, well sporty anyway.

Right now EV is still only for the wealthy hippies and hipsters.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
4 wheels will open up more options for them I think. Being an actual car should make the paperwork easier at least and I don't think any three wheeler was able to get tax credits or EV loans since they aren't full cars. I could be wrong.

edit-- Lets not forget that the 7.5 tax credit is a refund on income tax. The buyers needs to borrow or have the entire price now and hope they get their income tax filled out properly for a refund. --edit

The price is a killer though. EV needs to come down. It used to be that the batteries were the major cost but that has come down dramatically. They are depending on a tax credit and even then it's too high. This car needs to be under 15k or with the credit around 10k. I can buy a lot of gas for 10k and keep driving my sports car, well sporty anyway.

Right now EV is still only for the wealthy hippies and hipsters.
showing your age- they call 'em millennials these days, us hippies are checking our Social Security checks for COLA, and medicare benefits as we start to "age out" :-) .
It was Eubie Blake who said," if I knew I was gonna live this long, I'd taken better care of myself.", Also, "I want to go to bed healthy and wake up dead", was in his 90's when he left us.

Top Bottom