• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Nascar

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Will be so cool when we see an Elio drive a lap before the race for advertisement! To show the world what can be done from a Paul Elio Dream when you have no restrictions for an engineer!
Hoorah Elio Motors!
Terrence:D

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Four good racers and only one winner, good day for Nascar. Great day for Harvick, good day for Smoke & Haas even with the DNF, good day for Neuman he's worked hard, Good for Hamlin so close after his injuries. Sorry for Logano.

But the real game changer for the future of stock car racing and Nascar happened last week. Since the season that we raced with a 14 years old kid in the Hooters Pro Cup Series, I've been saying, "this kid is the real thing". This kid is, talented, intelligent, poised, patient, articulate and just a great person to have known. Congratulations CHASE ELLIOT from the old guy you always walked over and called "Sir". I knew you would make it to the top and soon.
The first driver in any Nascar Series, to win both, Rookie of the Year and Series Championship. Look out Cup Chase is on the way.........:D

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been a NASCAR fan since the 70s. I grew up watching Wild World of Sports and their weeks old coverage of a sport that was only a southeastern thing back then. I started as a Buddy Baker fan, and grew to be a fan of the brash young guy running the 2 and later 3 car, Dale Earnhardt.

In 2001, the words of Mike Helton "We've lost Dale Earnhardt", almost made me quit watching racing. He was literally, one of my heros - the other was my Dad, who I lost a few months later. Anyw ay, after that I split my allegiance between his replacement in the RCR car, Kevin Harvick, and Dale Jr. Over the years, I leaned toward the Jr. side. This year, Richard's grandson brought the 3 back, and I got on that bandwagon as well.

Anyway, today I got some old Budweiser gear out and spent the day cheering for Kevin. It was a great day, and he'll be a good champion for the sport.

I agree with Dusty that the future has probably never looked brighter. It's been close to 20 year since we've seen so many talented young guys coming into the sport. Besides Chase Elliott, there's the Dillons, Kyle Larson who did a whale of a job as a rookie in the 42 car this year, Darrell Wallace who's shown that it's not just a white guy's sport, a couple of other familiar last names in John Hunter Nemechek, Jeb Burton and Ryan Blaney. The future looks pretty bright. Maybe some day we'll even have a fast woman, but Danica ain't it. She drove the same cars as the champion this year and spent most of it a lap or more behind. She's just a pretty face and a good saleswoman without much talent.

Congrats to all the champions this year, Harvick and the #4 Stewart Haas team in the Cup series, Chase Elliott and the 9 JR Motorsports Nationwide team, and Matt Crafton and his crew in the #88 ThorSport truck.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been a NASCAR fan since the 70s. I grew up watching Wild World of Sports and their weeks old coverage of a sport that was only a southeastern thing back then. I started as a Buddy Baker fan, and grew to be a fan of the brash young guy running the 2 and later 3 car, Dale Earnhardt.

In 2001, the words of Mike Helton "We've lost Dale Earnhardt", almost made me quit watching racing. He was literally, one of my heros - the other was my Dad, who I lost a few months later. Anyw ay, after that I split my allegiance between his replacement in the RCR car, Kevin Harvick, and Dale Jr. Over the years, I leaned toward the Jr. side. This year, Richard's grandson brought the 3 back, and I got on that bandwagon as well.

Anyway, today I got some old Budweiser gear out and spent the day cheering for Kevin. It was a great day, and he'll be a good champion for the sport.

I agree with Dusty that the future has probably never looked brighter. It's been close to 20 year since we've seen so many talented young guys coming into the sport. Besides Chase Elliott, there's the Dillons, Kyle Larson who did a whale of a job as a rookie in the 42 car this year, Darrell Wallace who's shown that it's not just a white guy's sport, a couple of other familiar last names in John Hunter Nemechek, Jeb Burton and Ryan Blaney. The future looks pretty bright. Maybe some day we'll even have a fast woman, but Danica ain't it. She drove the same cars as the champion this year and spent most of it a lap or more behind. She's just a pretty face and a good saleswoman without much talent.

Congrats to all the champions this year, Harvick and the #4 Stewart Haas team in the Cup series, Chase Elliott and the 9 JR Motorsports Nationwide team, and Matt Crafton and his crew in the #88 ThorSport truck.

Earl;
Did you write that or am I dreaming? Just a couple of different names but basically the same.
My pick early on was Richard Petty in his "Po-niac" convertable. Made my first trek to Daytona in 1964, the "King" was in a Plymouth. I was in heaven, as my family were dyed in the wool Mopar people. I was hooked, spent a couple of years thinking I could go from local asphalt to Daytona, with absolutely no money, obviously didn't happen. Then along came Earnhardt and had to share my loyalty from then on. Petty once said Earnhardt was the "best" to which Earnhardt replied "there's only one King". We were there, in our lot on the fence, halfway between 3&4 the day Neil died and again for the last lap of the 2001 race. We felt him hit, I turned to my wife and said "that was a huge hit, hope he's OK", but I knew from the way Schrader walked away from Dale's car that it wasn't good. They never announced anything at the track, no word at all. We drove out of tunnel not knowing.
I committed to memory all of the unbelievable driving exhibitions of "the Intimidator", Talladega 2000, the "Pass in the Grass" at Charlotte.......
Love him or hate him, he was the best. We kinda lost interest in Nascar. Our last Daytona was 2005.

Jr. was my pick after that, I loved that he never tried to be his Dad, but a renegade, just like him anyway. Hope someday JR gets a championship, sure thought this was it, way too many times got caught up in someone else's stupid s**t, but the good part was he never gave up, so maybe next year.

There is a fast woman, Johanna Long, but I'm afraid she may never get the chance. Chase is exciting, in his first Hooters ProCup at 14, he ran up front with the best all day long, when a broken rear end put him out with seven to go. I can tell you he is every bit as real as he appears, incredibly nice kid with a brilliant future. Maybe, with this new bunch, I could get excited again, that is if NASCAR can keep from screwing it up!

Last edited:
Top Bottom