• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Nasdaq Listing Requirements...tough Set Of Standards...

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Read listing requirements or Nasdaq Capitol Markets. Elio should easily qualify. Not sure how this will help in raising 100 million.

It may or it may not. Many institutional investors are prohibited from investing in ANY OTC pink sheet company like Elio. So even if they studied the business plan and found out that it really works and they want to invest $50 million dollars they couldn't. If they're on the NASDAQ they would be able to. That's how it could help. If the business plan stinks, then it won't matter what exchange they're on. They obviously feel good about selling the story and they want to make sure institutional players can participate. We will seeeeeeeee.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since you're not throwing in the towel, I would be interested in a scenario you would see that get's Elio into production. You have basically shot down any chance of getting $100 million through the NASDAQ. OK, for arguments sake, let's say you are correct. How do they get Elio into production? Not having thrown in the towel, you must have an idea.

Can they ever reach production...hummm...

I have followed the Elio story with great interest since 2009...and even had a phone conversation with Paul in 2012...(as I mentioned previously...Paul was easily accessible to the public during the early years of Elio Motors)...

When I placed my deposit... I always felt chances of production were only about 50%...and if the Elio vehicle reached production...my delivery slot would be calendar 2014...but I assumed the price would be adjusted upward to at least $10k...possibly even $12k...

Early on...I was also confident the Paul could raise the necessary long-term capital...

But the story changed...

Elio Motors became too big for its britches...

Here's a short list of my concerns...

* 250K vehicles a year...WOW... what a totally unrealistic figure...pure fantasy...

* Paul promised a very simple vehicle with off-the-shelf components... but it morphed into a very complicated vehicle...

* All the wasted time & money developing a "Elio Spec" engine...

* The inability to produce even a single specification ready prototype...

* Dozens of missed deadlines...and yes...every successful corporation must meet business deadlines...

* The lack of available capital to fund Elio Motors...dozens of perceptive large investors analyzed Elio's business plan in detail...they all walked away... that says it all...

After almost a decade of existence...Elio Motors has lost most of its credibility...and relevance...

So sad...the concept in itself is wonderful...but possibly not obtainable in terms of volume and pricing...

Last edited:

Ray O

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see all the problems and all the hope people have. No one can be sure of what is going to happen. But I see that Elio has more design and engineering done that most state up car company. If by chance Elio is not able to get to market on it's own I see a probability that a major company will but the rights to the Elio company. So much of the work has already been done that it would be easy to to go rest of the way.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can they ever reach production...hummm...

I have followed the Elio story with great interest since 2009...and even had a phone conversation with Paul in 2012...(as I mentioned previously...Paul was easily accessible to the public during the early years of Elio Motors)...

When I placed my deposit... I always felt chances of production were only about 50%...and if the Elio vehicle reached production...my delivery slot would be calendar 2014...but I assumed the price would be adjusted upward to at least $10k...possibly even $12k...

Early on...I was also confident the Paul could raise the necessary long-term capital...

But the story changed...

Elio Motors became too big for its britches...

Here's a short list of my concerns...

* 250K vehicles a year...WOW... what a totally unrealistic figure...pure fantasy...

* Paul promised a very simple vehicle with off-the-shelf components... but it morphed into a very complicated vehicle...

* All the wasted time & money developing a "Elio Spec" engine...

* The inability to produce even a single specification ready prototype...

* Dozens of missed deadlines...and yes...every successful corporation must meet business deadlines...

* The lack of available capital to fund Elio Motors...dozens of perceptive large investors analyzed Elio's business plan in detail...they all walked away... that says it all...

After almost a decade of existence...Elio Motors has lost most of its credibility...and relevance...

So sad...the concept in itself is wonderful...but possibly not obtainable in terms of volume and pricing...

250K vehicles isn't too fantastical... the line there can produce 133,000 vehicles per 8 hour shift per year. So, it's a realistic production capability easily.

The Elio is a VERY simple vehicle. There isn't much of anything complicated in it.

There are NO engines that are as low power/torque as the Elio engine which should make it very efficient. The "time wasted" doesn't matter one bit. What else would they have been doing with engine guys during that time? It isn't like they stopped doing anything else in order to build motors.

The rest of what you've said is decent there except the wild guess of "dozens of perceptive large investors analyzed Elio's business plan in detail...they all walked away" which I won't call an outright lie but will say that you have no idea what Paul Elio has or has not done in regards to shopping Elio to investors. For all we know, Paul has been in no hurry to give away part of his company. He has had no reason to hurry other than hurting the feelings of people who want their Elio right now. Sure, it isn't a great plan to delay but to be honest, I'd delay taking a buy-out style of financing until it was my only option.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see all the problems and all the hope people have. No one can be sure of what is going to happen. But I see that Elio has more design and engineering done that most state up car company. If by chance Elio is not able to get to market on it's own I see a probability that a major company will but the rights to the Elio company. So much of the work has already been done that it would be easy to to go rest of the way.
Stu Lichter has all the rights, just waiting until right time to pull plug and take control.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It has fascinated me that Lichter took the Elio name as collateral for his loan. Previously I have speculated why. Now I have another speculation.

If EM cannot get the money and defaults on Lichter’s loan, Lichter may withhold the name. Paul Elio wants the company to have his name. Big bucks investors may be reluctant to invest lots of money in vehicle company having little control, and the company and vehicle bears someone else’s name. If the company and vehicle bore the investor’s name, there may be many big buck investors ready to invest. The investors may also be satisfied if the company simply bore a neutral name (not named after any person).

I believe there are many extremely wealthy men who are car enthusiasts, elderly, and would love as a last fling in life to have a car company. Lichter controlling the name may finally cause something to happen.

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It has fascinated me that Lichter took the Elio name as collateral for his loan. Previously I have speculated why. Now I have another speculation.

If EM cannot get the money and defaults on Lichter’s loan, Lichter may withhold the name. Paul Elio wants the company to have his name. Big bucks investors may be reluctant to invest lots of money in vehicle company having little control, and the company and vehicle bears someone else’s name. If the company and vehicle bore the investor’s name, there may be many big buck investors ready to invest. The investors may also be satisfied if the company simply bore a neutral name (not named after any person).

I believe there are many extremely wealthy men who are car enthusiasts, elderly, and would love as a last fling in life to have a car company. Lichter controlling the name may finally cause something to happen.
I can hardly wait to get my 2019 Leno

Top Bottom