• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Nasdaq Listing Requirements...tough Set Of Standards...

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would welcome new blood in the sharing of management decisions.
The beautiful diagonal coil-over shocks in earlier designs were sacrificed for the all important 84 mpg. They are now tucked inside the body to minimize wind resistance. They are no longer diagonal nor or they coil-over.
I liked the flares around the body's wheel suspension opening, but they too were sacrificed for the shake of the 84 mpg.
I do not like the poorer performance (acceleration) once quoted by Jeff Johnson in an interview.
These sacrifices were made (once again) for the all important (then) 84 mpg. This may have been done to get the ATVM loan. They may have been done simply because 84 mpg is personally important to PE (like the Elgin Dash).
Well, today gas is cheap again and 84 mpg is not important to people.
One of the "Must haves" should be "Happy customers".
These better styling and performance features will not drive away the economy mined customers, but will attract the "sporty" minded customers.
I like the idea of new blood with big bucks sharing in the management decisions. They may say: "Forget the 84 mpg. Forget the ATVM loan. We have the money. We'll go for styling and performance like we once did."

It is also a sign of poor CEO qualities when he makes important company decisions due to personal reasons. This happened when PE decided to put in the ugly Elgin dash to honor his father. Absolutely no CEO should have done that. It was a completely inappropriate decision. A CEO is suppose to put the company first over personal desires.
New blood sharing in management decision may have over-ruled PE on the Elgin dash.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If it is a 埃利奥. Do I still have to buy it.
Johnny, We all want our Elio's to be built in the USA, and if it were to be built in China, I would look for another option. Nothing else has come to life yet . By the time Elio is here or (not)we should have plenty of options. I will wait and see what develops? I really want my Elio, but have started looking at another avenue.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors own statement regarding the NASDAQ listing:

IMG_8548.jpg

EM states they must meet certain financial and liquidity criteria to maintain such a listing, it's logical that they have to meet the same criteria to qualify. Does EM's current financial status and liquidity meet the NASDAQ listing requirements?

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does EM's current financial status and liquidity meet the NASDAQ listing requirements?

There are many different routes a company can take to get listed on NASDAQ. Not all of those routes involve strong revenues and profits. Many companies are just starting and trying to raise capital. Look at any small biotech company on the NASDAQ and you'll see they lose money year after year after year. At least Elio looks better than some of these biotech companies. Elio has 65,000 "patients" that want their product.

Elio will probably list under under "assets with equity", "market value standard, "equity standard", or "market value of listed securities standard". See link for all the details:

http://business.nasdaq.com/media/Nasdaq Initial Listing Guide_tcm5044-13919.pdf

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I speculate the following two events will happen:
  1. The NASDAQ stock offering will not go well
  2. Sometime later, EM will announce:
    • Complete funding has been found
    • The company name and vehicle name will change

Top Bottom