• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Need Some Help

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have trouble with some of the other verification methods due to being color blind. This method seems far more reasonable, even for this color challenged person. I say go for it and thank you for asking what others think.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As most of you have seen, we have been getting hit pretty hard by spam bots for the last few months. I'm thinking of implementing a new system that should help but wanted to get some opinions on it.

If you don't mind please go here: https://www.keycaptcha.com/

Then click "DEMO" at the top, and then you'll see the little picture that has puzzle pieces. You can just solve it and reload the page, there is no need to enter your information for them.

Is it too difficult to understand what to do?
Seems simple enough but I'm not sure what impact it will have on the frequent users or how it keeps the spammers out but I yield to your expertise.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As an ex-writer of Internet bots (all for good, nothing nefarious), most of these things just slow a bot down but won't stop them. That being said, I say go for it. Slowing down is better than nothing. Is this for logging on, or for creating an account?

goldwing06

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is it too difficult to understand what to do?[/QUOTE]

simple enough but maybe i'm missing something, i don't see how it stops anyone from getting on the forum!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
T
I'm a puzzle person so I had no trouble at all. Are you saying all the spam is done by robots rather than people and therefore will not be able to solve this puzzle? :) Z
That is correct. Some programmer writes a program to check websites for fields that it can fill out. They typically can't 'solve' the things.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As most of you have seen, we have been getting hit pretty hard by spam bots for the last few months. I'm thinking of implementing a new system that should help but wanted to get some opinions on it.

If you don't mind please go here: https://www.keycaptcha.com/

Then click "DEMO" at the top, and then you'll see the little picture that has puzzle pieces. You can just solve it and reload the page, there is no need to enter your information for them.

Is it too difficult to understand what to do?
As long as it's not Sudoku, I'm good.

Top Bottom