• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Need Some Help

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
i gotta tell ya z, that attachment is "tobor" the robot from the late '50s
I am almost afraid to admit I was unaware of this. I didn't learn to appreciate sci fi until Star Trek, Next Generation. I was little slow in learning about a lot of things when I was young because I was too busy trying to be a good girl all the time. I had to turn 40 to learn that life is meant to be lived, not simply existed through. :-) Z

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
simple enough but maybe i'm missing something, i don't see how it stops anyone from getting on the forum!

As an ex-writer of Internet bots (all for good, nothing nefarious), most of these things just slow a bot down but won't stop them. That being said, I say go for it. Slowing down is better than nothing. Is this for logging on, or for creating an account?

Just for registration, you'll never see it again after that. It's all just a shell game really, we find a measure that works, they find a way around it, and so on.

Are these the bots noted in the "Members online" section?

Total: 74 (members: 21, guests: 42, robots: 11)

No, those are typically legitimate bots from search engines like google, yahoo, etc. Thye just index the site so results can be shown when you use those search engines.

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As most of you have seen, we have been getting hit pretty hard by spam bots for the last few months. I'm thinking of implementing a new system that should help but wanted to get some opinions on it.

If you don't mind please go here: https://www.keycaptcha.com/

Then click "DEMO" at the top, and then you'll see the little picture that has puzzle pieces. You can just solve it and reload the page, there is no need to enter your information for them.

Is it too difficult to understand what to do?

I love it.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
i gotta tell ya z, that attachment is "tobor" the robot from the late '50s
Robby on left TOBOR on right.
th-34.jpeg

Last edited:

ElioDigger

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tat is great, I am the bot patrolman on another sight I mod. it can get tiresome...i have to approve any first post before it is seen by forum members. might have to how them this.

Top Bottom