• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Need To Convince The Wife

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I went ahead and reserved at $250 today. I may upgrade that later, but right now, that is what I can afford.
Well It looks as if you're among friends here. Your likes exceed your posted messages by more than 6 to 1. Congratulations! I give a course on money management in case your interested. LOL

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
tazairforce, here you go! Sorry I can't come up with better, but the car is buried in the garage, and it hasn't been on the road since before I went to digital photography. This is a watercolor done by Dave Lord; it's painted Mercedes Astral Silver (lacquer with a clear coat) with a bit of airbrush shading on the hood and sail panel, and red pinstriping.

View attachment 3627
Is this a rendering of the very car you own stuffed away in your in your garbage................I mean your garage? Shame on you.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife drives much more than I do... about 200 miles a week on average and mostly by herself. I hope she will use the Elio to help save on gas and reduce wear and tear on her SUV. But, I'm getting resistance to the idea. Foremost, she says she thinks it will be unsafe, but I really think the problem is that it's "different". As a rule women tend to be more conservative than men and less prone to trying something they see as different. I'm hoping that when the time comes letting her drive it round the neighborhood, with me in the back, will change her mind. One can only hope, otherwise, it's going to spend a lot of time in the garage and my plan will be dashed.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife drives much more than I do... about 200 miles a week on average and mostly by herself. I hope she will use the Elio to help save on gas and reduce wear and tear on her SUV. But, I'm getting resistance to the idea. Foremost, she says she thinks it will be unsafe, but I really think the problem is that it's "different". As a rule women tend to be more conservative than men and less prone to trying something they see as different. I'm hoping that when the time comes letting her drive it round the neighborhood, with me in the back, will change her mind. One can only hope, otherwise, it's going to spend a lot of time in the garage and my plan will be dashed.
I wish I could find where Paul Elio explained the mass and collision differences of 1200 lb vehicle vs a conventional 2 to 3 thousand pound vehicle. Kind of like the difference between a formula racer hitting a wall at 200 mph that completely demolishes a conventional vehicle. I'm convinced of the Elio's projected 5 star safety rating.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THE ELIO WAS A HARD SELL FOR MY WIFE & SHE TURNED IT DOWN .
I TOLD HER WAIT UNTIL YOU SIT IN IT . IT CAME TO RALEIGH , SHE SAT IN IT ( BOTH SEATS )
AND STILL TURNED IT DOWN .

OF COURSE THAT WAS FOR THE IDEA OF GETTING HER OWN ELIO . I AM STILL GETTING MINE .

AS FOR THE LIBERAL HIPPIE/YUPPIE THING , THAT's NOT ME .
I AM A HARD CORE CONSERVATIVE & LONG TIME AUTOCYCLE ENTHUSIAST .

DSC_1278.JPG

DSC_1277.JPG

ncarter124

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am a young professional in the Bay Area. I desperately want to be a part of this group with my own reservation (I'd get $250 all-in); but I am having a very tough time getting a blessing from my wife, even for a want-in.

She thinks Elios are:
  • not economically practical for my 12 mile commute or for our family of four (debatable)
  • for 'trendy liberal yuppies only' (a slightly negative connotation to her; also opinion)
  • unsafe (unproven)
  • ugly (opinion)
I'd appreciate any assistance on the best ways to counter these points. If I got one, she'd likely never drive it (I'd get a manual, and she can't drive manual), and this would be replacing an 18 mpg Tacoma dblcab as my commuter. Money isn't the issue, and I know I can do it regardless of her blessing, life would just be much easier if she was swayed.

And that's why I will never get married.

Good luck!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
image.jpg

Reaction score
David Brower, That is one beautiful Lady you have there. I am glad I am 'the wife' here. I was laid up in the hospital waiting for a heart operation, Oct 2013 when I put my first reservation in. We didn't know if I was going to live or not. Well, husband was so happy I came home after a month in the hospital, I could have told him anything and he would have been happy. He automatically started thinking it was his !!! So, I bought two more. I can't wait for our elios. Red, White and Blue.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
David Brower, That is one beautiful Lady you have there. I am glad I am 'the wife' here. I was laid up in the hospital waiting for a heart operation, Oct 2013 when I put my first reservation in. We didn't know if I was going to live or not. Well, husband was so happy I came home after a month in the hospital, I could have told him anything and he would have been happy. He automatically started thinking it was his !!! So, I bought two more. I can't wait for our elios. Red, White and Blue.

I AM SO GLAD TO HAVE MY WISE LATINA .
I WILL KEEP HER WITH OR WITHOUT AN ELIO .

Top Bottom