• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Believer

Derrick Washington

Reaction score
I was waiting to sit in one before ordering. So last night after sitting in the one, at the Stamford Town Center, I placed my order. At 6'5" I don't fit many car. It is not my over all height, but my legs.my knees are just off the dashboard. This is a way to make me lose weight to fit better. Looking forward to driving the 20+ miles to work with it. Look out New Jersey roads!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was waiting to sit in one before ordering. So last night after sitting in the one, at the Stamford Town Center, I placed my order. At 6'5" I don't fit many car. It is not my over all height, but my legs.my knees are just off the dashboard. This is a way to make me lose weight to fit better. Looking forward to driving the 20+ miles to work with it. Look out New Jersey roads!
Hi and welcome from Oregon, Derrick. How exciting that you actually got to see and sit in an Elio. I get to do that in July - can't wait. I hope you enjoy the wait by exploring all this forum and the EM website have to offer. There is so much to learn, see, read, listen to and discuss. It definitely helps pass the time. Next year in my Elio! :-) Z

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm 6'3" and it is good to see tall guys fit in the Elio okay. Oh, welcome, btw.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Derrick, welcome to the forum and the legion of Elio fans. There are plenty of helpful and friendly people who will try to answer any question you may have and the forum will provide hours of entertainment. Like you, I sat in the Elio when I saw it for the first time and knew immediately that I had to have one. Thanks for joining this amazing group of very talented people and believing in the Elio. Let's enjoy the journey together.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Derrick, Welcome to the Elio Owners forum from Atlanta, GA! :)

Glad you were able to fit in the vehicle even if you could stand to lost a little extra weight, along with most of us I am sure. So glad you were willing to put down your hard earned money to help make it happen.

We are very glad to have you here. You have joined a very diverse group of people from all over the country who really enjoy discussing everything there is to know about this interesting vehicle. I hope you enjoy your time here reading about and/or discussing all there is to know about Elio Motors.

If you have not done so already we have a survey we like reservation holders to fill out if they wish as it really helps us visualize the growing numbers and locations of future Elio Owners. For now information visit this link: http://www.elioowners.com/threads/elio-reservation-map-and-survey.1129/

If you ever happen to have any issues while on this forum please be sure to notify a staff member as we are here to help. :cool:

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unlike you I didn't have to sit in it to tell I wanted it, but it certainly helped. For me it was the mpg and the looks that got me excited. Any enclosed vehicle that gets better mileage than any of my bikes is a godsend for those cold winter days. Much better than two layers of clothes, one layer of heated gear, and then the heavy jacket and pants (Michelin Man for sure). So, Like all the other lunatics in here, I welcome you aboard.

PeteinKC

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Unlike you I didn't have to sit in it to tell I wanted it, but it certainly helped. For me it was the mpg and the looks that got me excited. Any enclosed vehicle that gets better mileage than any of my bikes is a godsend for those cold winter days. Much better than two layers of clothes, one layer of heated gear, and then the heavy jacket and pants (Michelin Man for sure). So, Like all the other lunatics in here, I welcome you aboard.

I never have even seen one up close...though my wife did when it was in KC last year. I'm going to like the gas savings over the Spyder, and being enclosed with a windshield wiper when it rains. Don't mind the cold so much, and usually ride to work and back unless it's below 12-15 F or icy/snowing (htd gear, of course)...but I really don't like riding wet, especially TO work. Hope that little 3 cyl can generate some heat fairly quickly!

Oh, and Welcome! (from another new member..though I've been lurking for a while)

Top Bottom