• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Believer

zelio

Elio Addict
I never have even seen one up close...though my wife did when it was in KC last year. I'm going to like the gas savings over the Spyder, and being enclosed with a windshield wiper when it rains. Don't mind the cold so much, and usually ride to work and back unless it's below 12-15 F or icy/snowing (htd gear, of course)...but I really don't like riding wet, especially TO work. Hope that little 3 cyl can generate some heat fairly quickly!

Oh, and Welcome! (from another new member..though I've been lurking for a while)
Hi and welcome from Oregon, PeteinKC. I hope you enjoy more time being active on the forum but lurking is OK too. Whatever works for you. Next year in our Elios! :-) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
I never have even seen one up close...though my wife did when it was in KC last year. I'm going to like the gas savings over the Spyder, and being enclosed with a windshield wiper when it rains. Don't mind the cold so much, and usually ride to work and back unless it's below 12-15 F or icy/snowing (htd gear, of course)...but I really don't like riding wet, especially TO work. Hope that little 3 cyl can generate some heat fairly quickly!

Oh, and Welcome! (from another new member..though I've been lurking for a while)
There is a lot to be said about being warm and dry in the winter and using the AC in the summer. The Elio creature comforts are hard to beat.

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
I was waiting to sit in one before ordering. So last night after sitting in the one, at the Stamford Town Center, I placed my order. At 6'5" I don't fit many car. It is not my over all height, but my legs.my knees are just off the dashboard. This is a way to make me lose weight to fit better. Looking forward to driving the 20+ miles to work with it. Look out New Jersey roads!
Derrick,

When I visited the Elio booth at Daytona Beach during bike week there was another man standing by me who was tall. I introduced myself and ask him about his height. He stood 6'6". After much coaxing he hopped in the Elio. To his amazement he had no trouble fitting into the vehicle and had room to move the seat back farther. I have seen much bigger men, weight wise, fit in the Elio without problem. The cockpit size pretty much fits everyone.